Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Correct-- must have been a 767..

Thanks again for responses.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:41 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
OP's recent thread has been merged with previous thread of similar topic to help aggregate discussion. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Another thing to keep in mind is that SJU is doing some runway construction / repairs these days and it seems to be effecting on time performance (especially for AA as the work is by their terminal) the last few times I've flown in and out due to longer waits and taxi times. Close connections can be a bit risky as they seem to be having some sort of issues with the ATRs especially from STX with flights being over an hour late or cancelled at late notice over the past couple months. AC in SJU is nice, has TVs and some couches but gets hot by the windows. Also the upstairs is closed these days and limited menu but good staff.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Biggest issue at SJU is security which can take 20-30 minutes as even after priority passport/document check, you end up in a single snaking line to get through the "scannorama" machine which takes forever with occasional travellers! No customs or immigration since this is part of the USA. All planes I've flown to SJU are newest cabins, but wifi doesn't function because you're not over the continental USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.