Wiki Posts
Search

New iPad App. & 'Know It All' AA Trivia Game

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Video on Youtube today posted by AA possibly featuring brp : http://youtu.be/LS5XXAq8HNI

New AA iPad app with rebranding evident (similar to SSCI machine software) together with an AA Trivia game with ability to win 100,000 miles.

I know that many are disappointed with the re-branding but times move on and I am for one very excited for AA.

A new dawn.

Last edited by IflyonAA; Nov 19, 2012 at 9:43 am
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
The app is also new for iPhone. Has the new branding, but without the new trivia game.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:04 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Couldn't be me. I don't have, and have no interest in owning, an iPad. I'm waiting for a real tablet (one where folks can do real things) to be released

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:09 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Reminds me of the Trivia game in the back of seatbacks on Delta. Except it looks like this is another thing to suck up the bandwidth on the gogo enabled flights. Just sayin'
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Noticed that my SWU count is wrong and I can't play 'know it all' - server error
Old Nov 19, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Couldn't be me. I don't have, and have no interest in owning, an iPad. I'm waiting for a real tablet (one where folks can do real things) to be released

Cheers.
Without going too far OT, isn't that what the Surface does? I'm an AAPL/ios/Mac OS user but the I have to say the Surface is a pretty neat device. One of my colleagues has it an uses it extensively for productivity (full MS Office) complete with plug-ins.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I love the new app and game. Look for me! I'm the magnificent jalapeño!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Without going too far OT, isn't that what the Surface does? I'm an AAPL/ios/Mac OS user but the I have to say the Surface is a pretty neat device. One of my colleagues has it an uses it extensively for productivity (full MS Office) complete with plug-ins.
That's exactly what I'm waiting for, but the second generation with the Intel processor and full Windows 8 (as opposed to the current Arm-based unit with the reduced Windows 8). ou read my mind

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat
This thread is a bit like Fast & Furious 2 - lots of drifting going on!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PamT
This thread is a bit like Fast & Furious 2 - lots of drifting going on!
Do you mean as opposed to the normally clear, concise, and on track threads found in the AA forum?

Regards
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold

I like the new iPad Aapp, except it shows my SWU as zero (:, which is wrong.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pedropescador
I like the new iPad Aapp, except it shows my SWU as zero (:, which is wrong.
As I mentioned above - me too
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:28 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I was just asked to update my iPad AA app and saw we can apparently now change seats AFTER check-in! ^

(Stealing a post from another thread, which I just happened to stumble across ask since I don't own an iPhone.)

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
AA just updated their app and it now allows seat changes "in-app" and (says) it even allows seat changes after you have checked-in.
The "I'm sorry, you can't change your seat online or via phone AAgent because you've already checked in" problem could finally be going away. Now I wonder if you can do outside of an app, like on the regular website or on the phone...

(This doesn't affect me very often as I normally don't check-in until I get to the airport, just so I can still change seats if a better one pops up while I'm enroute. Only time this strategy backfires on the rare occasions I'm waitlisted for a SWU and need to check in early.)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Gotta say its really nice to change seats within the app - still a bit buggy but light years ahead of the old going onto the site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.