Wiki Posts
Search

admirals club vs ? flagship lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
admirals club vs ? flagship lounge?

ive been to the Ad Club a zillion w my am ex plat,what is flagship L ans I missing anything? im also AA Ex Plat

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Flagship has free food, a better assortment of free booze, and at least the one at LAX is much less crowded than the AC. There is probably an existing thread on this somewhere.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA
AA flagship is equivalent to Cathay or SQ business lounge or BA business class lounge. Keep your expectations low.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I have photos of the JFK, LAX and ORD Flagship Lounges in the Lounge gallery linked below.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Science Goy
a better assortment of free booze,
Self serve too.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Self serve too.
It's been a few months since I last was at the LAX F lounge, but last time I was there, wines were not available for self-serve (either red or white).

I read somewhere that it was due to flies infestation?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by carlosdca:19703575
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Self serve too.
It's been a few months since I last was at the LAX F lounge, but last time I was there, wines were not available for self-serve (either red or white).

Was there in early October. Plenty of (good) wine sitting out. As I recall, they had toppers on them so that may have been to prevent any bug problem.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Flagship has free food, a better assortment of free booze, and at least the one at LAX is much less crowded than the AC. There is probably an existing thread on this somewhere.
Typically, there is a small selection of food. Breakfast, might be cereal, yogurt, berries, bread, pastries. Dinner, might be crackers, cheeses, a stew, cold cuts, and a selection of desserts like mini-cakes. Not particularly appetizing as a meal, but as something to knock the edge off your hunger until you get on an airplane, OK. When I find myself preferring airline food, that isn't much of a recommendation.

The FL at ORD is pretty small and can be fairly crowded. LAX is less crowded, JFK is quite large. We have never had any trouble finding two seats together in a FL, occasionally have had that problem in the AC.

On international itineraries where we are eligible, will we choose the FL over the AC? Sure. Will we choose an itinerary because of a FL in the connecting city (say, ORD over DFW)? No, it isn't that good. IMO.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by gemac
Dinner, might be crackers, cheeses, a stew, cold cuts, and a selection of desserts like mini-cakes.
Don't forget whatever they have sitting in that metal steam tray. Usually some kind of suspiciously lukewarm poultry or meat dish (aka Salmonella Roulette) with flaccid vegetables on the side.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Wink

Originally Posted by carlosdca

There was indeed a fruit fly infestation that made them remove wines from self service. You had to ask one of the service people for red wine. I believe the Flagship lounge was part of the sex deprived fruit fly research experimentation. Fortunately, that study is over and the wines have returned to self service.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
FL's are pretty nice compared to the regular ACs. Food and drink and other amenities are what you would find in the business class lounge of a good non-US carrier. I like the one at JFK. ORD is a bit small. Haven't been to LAX. And compared to BA's first class lounge in LHR T3, which is just down the hall, the LHR FL is a bit of a dump.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Stripe
FL's are pretty nice compared to the regular ACs. Food and drink and other amenities are what you would find in the business class lounge of a good non-US carrier. I like the one at JFK. ORD is a bit small. Haven't been to LAX. And compared to BA's first class lounge in LHR T3, which is just down the hall, the LHR FL is a bit of a dump.
One exception to your last remark: the AA showers (accessible both from the FL and AC side) are WAY nicer than the noisy plastic BA ones.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
One exception to your last remark: the AA showers (accessible both from the FL and AC side) are WAY nicer than the noisy plastic BA ones.
Never used the showers at LHR. The showers at JFK (also shared between the FL and AC) are quite nice.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Basically the Flagship Lounge (AA's first class lounge in four locations) is the equivalent of foreign carriers business class lounges in terms of food and service. Don't go to the Flagship Lounge expecting a meal, its mostly frozen Costco appetizers at ORD, LAX and JFK are marginally better with chicken/salmon in the evening with vegetables and a starch like quinoa or potatoes.

The Admirals Club is below other carriers business class lounge but some of the clubs are still very nice with great agents, showers, and work space
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Basically the Flagship Lounge (AA's first class lounge in four locations) is the equivalent of foreign carriers business class lounges in terms of food and service. Don't go to the Flagship Lounge expecting a meal, its mostly frozen Costco appetizers at ORD, LAX and JFK are marginally better with chicken/salmon in the evening with vegetables and a starch like quinoa or potatoes.

The Admirals Club is below other carriers business class lounge but some of the clubs are still very nice with great agents, showers, and work space
LAX has hot items through the afternoon/evening such as pasta, some sort of meat in sauce. JFK tends to have sandwiches. Best part is their exclusivity so unlike other airlines' business lounges, I've never found a FL crowded and the tone has always been subdued...as a premium lounge should be. While I'd like to be able to use them on domestic and transborder flights, the fact that admission is restricted to ExecPlats (and of course F travellers) flying overseas has its benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.