NRT-BKK-KHI in J NRT-BKK- JL BKK-KHI on CX

AA and JL allow 3 bags 70lbs.
CX is 2 bags.

USA-NRT is separate tkt from NRT-BKK-KHI

So what is my allowance?

THANKS
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There are 2 bookings so each is treated independantly.

USA-NRT in business class AA = 3 pieces max 32Kg per piece

Unless I am mistaken

FOR NRT-BKK-KHI the whole journey is within TC3 but travels between 2 sub regions so the rules of the airline performing the carriage between the 2 subareas ( South East Asia and South Asian Subcontinent ) and so CX rules apply

CX luggage allowance is 30 KG in business class for travel that does not include the Americas ( see http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...checkedbaggage ) , so the allowance is 30 Kg in total for that trip

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/other/info2011_0304iata.html has a nice break down of the IATA rules

Dave

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 28, 2012 at 12:17 pm
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There are 2 bookings so each is treated independantly.

USA-NRT in business class AA = 3 pieces max 32Kg per piece

Unless I am mistaken

FOR NRT-BKK-KHI the whole journey is within TC3 but travels between 2 sub regions so the rules of the airline performing the carriage between the 2 subareas ( South East Asia and South Asian Subcontinent ) and so CX rules apply

CX luggage allowance is 30 KG in business class for travel that does not include the Americas ( see http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...checkedbaggage ) , so the allowance is 30 Kg in total for that trip

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/other/info2011_0304iata.html has a nice break down of the IATA rules

Dave
I have read the links and they are a combination of Greek and Mandarin to me - In Other Words- I have no clue what they are talking about.

Why is the JL flight from NRT-BKK "NOT" the significant carrier? Also- does anyone know if JL will accept the 3 bags since I am flying J on them and am OW Emerald.

Coming back is not a problem since I will have an empty bag and can stuff into existing suitcase,
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

OP again.

Since my layover in NRT is less than 24 hrs, can AA at JFK check straight through? (still seperate tkts but all OW, ticketed by AA (001))

THANKS
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by alhcfp
I have read the links and they are a combination of Greek and Mandarin to me - In Other Words- I have no clue what they are talking about.

Why is the JL flight from NRT-BKK "NOT" the significant carrier? Also- does anyone know if JL will accept the 3 bags since I am flying J on them and am OW Emerald.

Coming back is not a problem since I will have an empty bag and can stuff into existing suitcase,
JAL passengers flying in business class already have 3 x 32kg FREE checked baggage allowance. On your outbound, JAL is the MSC because they are the first carrier to cross the sub-area (Japan, Korea to SE Asia) so you should have no problem with them. In other words, blame CX for their stingy allowance
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL passengers flying in business class already have 3 x 32kg FREE checked baggage allowance. On your outbound, JAL is the MSC because they are the first carrier to cross the sub-area (Japan, Korea to SE Asia) so you should have no problem with them. In other words, blame CX for their stingy allowance
Making sure I am understanding.

Outbound NRT-BKK-KHI is NO PROBLEM

Return on CX KHI-BKK-NRT then I am on CX's allowance? Correct?

Thanks JALPak for the info.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:37 pm

Making sure I am understanding.

Outbound NRT-BKK-KHI is NO PROBLEM

Return on CX KHI-BKK-NRT then I am on CX's allowance? Correct?

Thanks JALPak for the info.
Yes
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:00 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

OP Again-

If my layover on return at NRT is 4 hrs and I am flying to USA on AA Biz, will CX tag it straight through even if it is a separate PNR?

If they do, would I get the "To USA" baggage allowance?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:42 pm

OP Again-

If my layover on return at NRT is 4 hrs and I am flying to USA on AA Biz, will CX tag it straight through even if it is a separate PNR?

If they do, would I get the "To USA" baggage allowance?
Your allowances do not unite even if they do do you a favour and tag the bags onwards
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:43 pm

Would have thought it was pretty obvious. I posted something, then realised I made an error ; since FT settings do not allow people to delete their own posts, the only method is to delete the contents and replace with a min of 5 characters
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:54 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Your allowances do not unite even if they do do you a favour and tag the bags onwards
OK Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:11 am

Would have thought it was pretty obvious. I posted something, then realised I made an error ; since FT settings do not allow people to delete their own posts, the only method is to delete the contents and replace with a min of 5 characters
i guess [deleted] would have been more obvious. I thought you were giving a "..." response
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I just flew DEL-HKG-HND-SFO today. CX on first two legs and JL on last leg. I printed out the MSC rules and baggage allowance for JL and just had a few min wait for a supv to show up in DEL to approve. All bags arrive in SFO today.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by chanp
I just flew DEL-HKG-HND-SFO today. CX on first two legs and JL on last leg. I printed out the MSC rules and baggage allowance for JL and just had a few min wait for a supv to show up in DEL to approve. All bags arrive in SFO today.
single ticket and cx portion is cx coded, jl portion jl coded?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:01 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
single ticket and cx portion is cx coded, jl portion jl coded?
no, yes and yes. did sfo-hnd on one ticket and nrt-del-hkg-hnd on another.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.