Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AATHX: Double EQ Miles & Points DEQM / DEQP 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: With the Nov - Dec EQM /EQP offer, I will, during Nov - Dec,
Increase my flying on AA
43.89%
Decrease my flying on AA
2.92%
Fly the same as I'd planned prior to the offer
53.19%
Voters: 720. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

● DEQM / Double Elite Qualifying Miles and Points for registered AA flyers toward your 2012 earned EQM/EQP; AA Elite status members also earn "double flight miles" (RDM)
● Eligible flights (AA, Eagle and AA Connection marketed & operated) Nov 1 - Dec 31, 2012, retroactive to Nov 1

● 55k requalifiers from UA are specifically excluded from bonus EQM for status renewal (link to post)

Register for promo code AATHX here (and see T&Cs etc.).

RDM/EQM/EQP Posting: Double RDM generally post at the same time as the corresponding flights and are shown in your account line items. HOWEVER, Double EQM and Double EQP are posting in batches, approximately 1 week later, possibly on Saturdays, and this credit is NOT reflected in the account line items, so you'll need to keep track of your EQM and EQP counters independently as usual.
Enjoy, and see the poll above this WikiPost!

American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AATHX: Double EQ Miles & Points DEQM / DEQP 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Exclamation AATHX: Double EQ Miles & Points DEQM / DEQP 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2012

https://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/...-thank-you.jsp

Special Thank You For Elite Status Members

We want to say thank you to our loyal customers for standing by us. So starting November 1st, every AAdvantage® elite status member can earn double elite qualifying miles and points, and double miles until the end of the year.
Qualify for AAdvantage Elite Status Faster Than Ever!

Travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier anywhere we fly from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012. You'll earn double elite-qualifying miles and points every time you fly. It's our way of saying "thank you" for your loyalty!
Earn Double Flight Miles.

And, as an exclusive offer for AAdvantage elite status members, you can also earn double flight miles for your travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection carrier through the end of the year.

Simply register using promo code AATHX prior to December 31, 2012, to receive your double flight miles and double elite qualifying miles and points.

rules...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Cue the howls of joy and howls of rage
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:44 am

Double EQMs until EOY and RDM 11/16-11/26

Link:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/thank-yo...edTitle=Double Miles. Double Thanks.&reportedPosition=0&url=undefined&_locale=e n_US&repositoryName=undefined&repositoryId=undefin ed

T&Cs
Double Elite Qualifying Miles And Points Terms and Conditions
AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle and the American Connection® carrier marketed and operated flights from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.
This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
Registration prior to midnight CT December 31, 2012 is required. Registration automatically applies to both the double elite qualifying miles and points offer as well as the Thanksgiving double flight miles promotion.
All eligible travel flown during the offer period, but prior to registration will also be included retroactively.
Bonus elite qualifying miles or points will count towards your 2013 membership year.
This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible mileage balance or Million Miler status.
Double elite-qualifying miles and points will be calculated at 100% of the base miles or points earned, respectively.
The initial posting of double elite qualifying miles and points will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 3-4 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Thereafter, the postings will occur weekly.
Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.
Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.
Thanksgiving Double Mile Offer Terms and Conditions
AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier marketed and operated flights from November 16, 2012, through November 26, 2012.
This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
Registration prior to midnight CT December 31, 2012 is required. Registration automatically applies to both the double elite qualifying miles and points offer as well as the Thanksgiving double flight miles promotion.
All eligible travel flown during the offer period, but prior to registration will also be included retroactively.
Double miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned and will be awarded immediately for travel flown after registration for this promotion.
Double miles for eligible travel flown prior to registration for this promotion will be awarded within 2-3 weeks after the promotion has ended.
Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.
Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or Million Miler status.
Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM; Hertz President's Circle; Hilton Gold
You just beat me to the punch as I was typing start of new thread
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Wow... here we go. Que the FT hysteria

Regards
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
So, with the super cheap F/J fares now earning 3 EQP per mile, is anyone points-running to qualify for Elite Rewards?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Hmm, now I only need to fly 36,000 miles before the end of the year to hit that EXP status...

Honey, if you're reading this, I'm leaving you with the twins while I fly to Japan. Twice.

Mike
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Happy. Happy. Happy.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
No rage or joy here. This is the first year I am hitting Exec Plat (after 13 years of Platinum and LT Plat earlier this year) on points without any bonuses. Amusing this showed up right as I hit Exec Plat. Maybe it will help me to get to 125k - but unlikely since most of my travel left this year is AA Codeshare.
Thanks,
-Shaown
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:56 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Science Goy
So, with the super cheap F/J fares now earning 3 EQP per mile, is anyone points-running to qualify for Elite Rewards?
Well, it will surely get us to 125K EQM, but our ratio is so low that 125K EQP ain't happening. Hey...know what you get for 125K EQM? EXP!

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by shaown
No rage or joy here. This is the first year I am hitting Exec Plat (after 13 years of Platinum and LT Plat earlier this year) on points without any bonuses. Amusing this showed up right as I hit Exec Plat. Maybe it will help me to get to 125k - but unlikely since most of my travel left this year is AA Codeshare.
Thanks,
-Shaown
I've already hit EXP for next year and I am going places for the remainder of the year where AA/OneWorld is not very convenient (ie - New Zealand), so I am not flying AA for the rest of the year. I still registered just in case
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
wooo! only a month too late, guess this means time to look for a 20,000 mile flight!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
started the year wondering if I'd be even going for requal ... between change in work contract and promotions, going to end the year with over 170K EQM ... if only they could roll-over
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Right in time for me! I go to Europe this month!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:05 pm

I have a question. Hopefully someone here can help me. I am Platinum and would like to attempt to reach Executive Platinum for the next calendar year.

I’m thinking that the easiest way for me to do this is by earning Points not Miles through the Double Elite Qualifying Points Promotion.

I always get confused about how to calculate how many Elite Qualifying Points a specific flight will earn for me.

For example, yesterday I flew EWR-DFW in F. The miles posted to my account already. The trip is worth 1,376 miles and I got a 2,064 Bonus.

How do I calculate how AA gave me the 2,064 bonus miles for this trip? Also, from this past trip, how many Elite Qualifying Points would I earn with the Double Points promotion?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’ve read all the information on websites, etc. and can’t figure this out. I know I am 46,986 points away from reaching EXP and want to know how I can sit down and plan my trips out for the rest of the year. I always book in F so I know my trips will always be eligible for the points.

Thanks…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.