Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AATHX: Double EQ Miles & Points DEQM / DEQP 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2012

View Poll Results: With the Nov - Dec EQM /EQP offer, I will, during Nov - Dec,
Increase my flying on AA
43.89%
Decrease my flying on AA
2.92%
Fly the same as I'd planned prior to the offer
53.19%
Voters: 720. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

● DEQM / Double Elite Qualifying Miles and Points for registered AA flyers toward your 2012 earned EQM/EQP; AA Elite status members also earn "double flight miles" (RDM)
● Eligible flights (AA, Eagle and AA Connection marketed & operated) Nov 1 - Dec 31, 2012, retroactive to Nov 1

● 55k requalifiers from UA are specifically excluded from bonus EQM for status renewal (link to post)

Register for promo code AATHX here (and see T&Cs etc.).

RDM/EQM/EQP Posting: Double RDM generally post at the same time as the corresponding flights and are shown in your account line items. HOWEVER, Double EQM and Double EQP are posting in batches, approximately 1 week later, possibly on Saturdays, and this credit is NOT reflected in the account line items, so you'll need to keep track of your EQM and EQP counters independently as usual.
Enjoy, and see the poll above this WikiPost!

American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AATHX: Double EQ Miles & Points DEQM / DEQP 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2012

Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:07 pm

I just wish they'd do this through early 2013 since I'll already end this year with a bazillion EQM

Interesting that the T&C onsite are different depending on whether you're an elite member or not.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:08 pm

WOW!!! Had a soft travel year and didn't think I would qualify for EXP. But with 2 trips coming up to Asia, I might just make it, although barely!!!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC Platinum
just saw on the website, booking international routes now...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So many reasons why I hate that my next trip is on miles, and now another one.

But, I guess it's better than actually paying money.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Just to add: Non elites will also earn DEQM through the rest of the year and double miles during the holiday period of Nov. 16-Nov. 26
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by nall
I just wish they'd do this through early 2013 since I'll already end this year with a bazillion EQM

Interesting that the T&C onsite are different depending on whether you're an elite member or not.
Yup. I've already passed the 100k barrier last month. I suppose I might as well get to 125k EQM just for kicks.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Let's preserve the language in case of bugs / crashes...

Special Thank You For Elite Status Members

We want to say thank you to our loyal customers for standing by us. So starting November 1st, every AAdvantage® elite status member can earn double elite qualifying miles and points, and double miles until the end of the year.

Qualify for AAdvantage Elite Status Faster Than Ever!

Travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier anywhere we fly from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012. You'll earn double elite-qualifying miles and points every time you fly. It's our way of saying "thank you" for your loyalty!
Earn Double Flight Miles.

And, as an exclusive offer for AAdvantage elite status members, you can also earn double flight miles for your travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection carrier through the end of the year.

Simply register using promo code AATHX prior to December 31, 2012, to receive your double flight miles and double elite qualifying miles and points.
Double Elite Qualifying Miles and Points Offer Terms and Conditions
  • AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle and the American Connection® carrier marketed and operated flights from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.
  • This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
  • Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
  • Registration prior to midnight CT December 31, 2012 is required. Registration automatically applies to both the double elite qualifying miles and points offer as well as the AAdvantage elite member double flight miles promotion.
  • All eligible travel flown during the offer period, but prior to registration will also be included retroactively.
  • Bonus elite qualifying miles or points will count towards your 2013 membership year.
  • This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible mileage balance or Million Miler balance.
  • Double elite-qualifying miles and points will be calculated at 100% of the base miles or points earned, respectively.
  • The initial posting of double elite qualifying miles and points will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 3-4 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Thereafter, the postings will occur weekly.
AAdvantage Elite Status Member Double Mile Offer Terms and Conditions
  • Offer is valid for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Gold members only.
  • AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier marketed and operated flights from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.
  • This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
  • Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
  • Registration prior to midnight CT December 31, 2012 is required. Registration automatically applies to both the double elite qualifying miles and points offer as well as the AAdvantage elite member double flight miles promotion.
  • All eligible travel flown during the offer period, but prior to registration will also be included retroactively.
  • Double miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned and will be awarded immediately for travel flown after registration for this promotion.
  • Double miles for eligible travel flown prior to registration for this promotion will be awarded within 2-3 weeks after the promotion has ended.
  • Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.
  • Customers who qualify for elite status partway through this offer will receive double flight miles for travel post registration, from the date of qualification for elite status onward.
  • Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or Million Miler status.
  • Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.
  • This offer cannot be combined with the double miles offer for travel during the Thanksgiving period.
AND

Reach a Milestone and Choose Your Reward.

Reach specified elite-qualifying points goals by the end of 2012 and you'll be eligible to pick from a list of rewards. And, the double elite-qualifying points you earn through this offer will help you get there faster.

Be sure to register for this offer using promo code ELTA2 by December 15, 2012. Learn More
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
No love for us segment qualifiers, correct?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Does this apply to already purchased flights? I didnt see that mentioned in the TOS.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Does this apply to already purchased flights? I didnt see that mentioned in the TOS.
Yes.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Assuming no issues in it counting for us UA refugees who only needed 55K to re-qual? ^
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Assuming no issues in it counting for us UA refugees who only needed 55K to re-qual? ^
If you will count on the DEQM to get you to 55k then I suggest you re-read the T&C of that offer. It specifically excluded any DEQM promos and specified that only base EQM/EQP will count.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:39 pm

We need some clarification from AA on this. I don't think existing DEQM promos could be used to achieve 55K when AA sent out the emails to the UA group. Does the same exclusion apply to this promo?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Fortunately for you guys I don't run the airline, because if it were up to me it would NOT apply. You've already received plenty from AA this year!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I was hoping to see this in early 2013.... already going to requal and already dealt with operation issues....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.