Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld and partner Award question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Oneworld and partner Award question

I did try searching but couldn't find anything. Fairly new to AA but I found the award but have a question regarding "one world" and partner award.

Trying to book a one-way award for the wifey. The routing VVO-HKG-LAX-SFO in business is currently on hold(HKG-SFO direct will not work due to timing of the VVO-HKG)

VVO-HKG is on S7 airlines which apparently does not have partner award from VVO. I will have to get one world which the agent mentioned would be 90k miles plus $45 ($25 since I am not the person traveling which is fine).

The time between the VVO-HKG and HKG-LAX is 1hr and that's the only reason I can think of for using the one world award for the whole itinerary.

Is it possible to book VVO-HKG separately (Avios at 20k or AA miles) and HKG-LAX-SFO on AA @ 55k and then combine it? Maybe booking through Avios may not be able to combine but AA would. What I am looking for is, if for some reason she misses her flight, she would be taken care of. If I was flying, I wouldn't have cared.

Any help/insight would be appreciated

Edit: Maybe combine is the wrong word. What I am looking for is to link the 2 awards if booked separately so the gate agent at HKG knows the passenger would be coming in

Last edited by fandu; Oct 26, 2012 at 7:04 am Reason: Edit to add more info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.