Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA announce service to Seoul ICN, Lima LIM, Dusseldorf DUS, Dublin DUB [24 Oct 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA announce service to Seoul ICN, Lima LIM, Dusseldorf DUS, Dublin DUB [24 Oct 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
The DFW-LIM isn't really a "new" route, but rather they are just bringing back the flight they removed a few years back.

None the less, glad to see its back!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Xero
I said "through East Asia". I didn't say nonstop. AA could easily codeshare HKG and NRT to India flights and allow mile redemptions.

Also, people try to fly the cheapest they can, to any market.
Mile redemptions on ow already available w JL flight NRT-DEL. Not sure how well that connects w any of the four existing AA nonstops from the US to NRT tho.

EDIT: Make that three AA nonstops, since JFK flight now goes to HND rather than NRT, leaving ORD, LAX and DFW.

Last edited by GaryD; Oct 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm Reason: JFK-NRT gone
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GaryD
Mile redemptions on ow already available w JL flight NRT-DEL. Not sure how well that connects w any of the four existing AA nonstops from the US to NRT tho.

EDIT: Make that three AA nonstops, since JFK flight now goes to HND rather than NRT, leaving ORD, LAX and DFW.
No, you were right the first time (before your edit).

DFW features two flights to NRT. Plus ORD and LAX.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Xero
AA doesn't seem to have any interest in making it easy to get to India though East Asia. I still don't understand why.
Doesn't appear to be. Maybe the return of ord/del in the future.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
The DFW-LIM isn't really a "new" route, but rather they are just bringing back the flight they removed a few years back.

None the less, glad to see its back!
I agree, will be great going SAT-DFW-LIM instead of connecting in MIA!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sts603
Think they'll probably just opt for an ANC refueling stop instead.
No, apparently not. They doesn't have stop in ANC to get refueling the plane. The flight will continuation to the final destination cities.

Originally Posted by oopsz
mmm.. korean beef.

Any chance AA will have a Bibimbap meal option?
Yummy!! I like Korean foods and it was so delicious!

Originally Posted by mogulskiir
Nice to see that AA is expanding, especially in Chicago. I hope we see HKG and AMS announced sometime in the future as well from one of their US hubs.
Yes, they will consider it. I always hoping AA will start direct flight JFK or ORD-HKG. It will getting more tougher competition against CX & UA. We'll shall see.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:22 pm

Perhaps that was the rescheduling of the media press that was supposed to take place in JFK a week ago?

DFW-ICN. Head-to-head against KE. I really think AA has a good chance here, but I thought it would have been LAX that takes all the West O&D before they head to ICN. When will my HKG route be coming?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Oct 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:30 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kingarthur
ICN service is a nice surprise given the competition for SWU's to Asia... One question, what lounge would we use, a JL Sakura?
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The only Oneworld service out of ICN is TYO, HKG, and Taipei, but it still has both a JL and CX lounge. BA will start LHR soon as well, and MH from KUL and QR from DOH once they join Oneworld. It's a spoke, but somebody has to serve spokes from their hubs too.
JAL closed the ICN Sakura Lounge couple months ago. Now they are using the KAL lounge
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL closed the ICN Sakura Lounge couple months ago. Now they are using the KAL lounge
Someone noted it later on, I was too lazy to edit my post .
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by chanp
Doesn't appear to be. Maybe the return of ord/del in the future.
You need two awards though.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Same with DUS, which AA served in the early 1990s from ORD, along with MUC. Maybe GLA, ARN and AMS aren't too far behind.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Other than Japan and HKG, both of which are already well served on many Direct flight ex USA, what connections are available through ICN with OW Airlines ?...and please don't suggest the New BA to LHR Or indeed HEL. Even S7 don't serve ICN.

Unless AA have snagged the Samsung Lawyers Travel arrangements, I can't see this working. KE and OZ will kill them with more flights, better service and hundreds of Alliance connections both ends.
I am not saying you are completely wrong, but the soon-to-be OW partner MH, and QF are flying to ICN as well. Now I am wondering how many people would be willing to do DFW-ICN-SYD instead of DFW-SFO/LAX-SYD or DFW-NRT-SYD.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Same with DUS, which AA served in the early 1990s from ORD, along with MUC. Maybe GLA, ARN and AMS aren't too far behind.
Along with SJC-NRT, -CDG, -TPE?

Cheers.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by dcAA
With DFW-ICN announced, it looks like there was some truth to the crazy rumor thread from a week ago. I would have liked the IST rumor to be true as well, but can't see AA making any money to IST with the amount of ex-USA-IST flights that TK is supplying the market with.
Don't forget UA EWR-IST, and DL JFK-IST.

For the AA codeshare, I really don't know how this works, but technically you cannot book ex-US-PVG/PEK-HKG with AA codeshare operated by CX. I am not sure if CX is feeling reluctant to help AA to fill up their TPAC business before it hit HKG. I wouldn't really wanna go through PVG when I can go through the great Japan, but I would certainly not mind getting ex-US-ICN-HKG with CX as the last leg, considering the time that you cannot spend in J is an hour less than NRT/HND-HKG.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver
I believe the QF flight you mention is a codeshare with OZ, I am quite sure they don't fly to ICN. Still the flight can do well with North/South American connections and ICN being a spoke like most of AA's destinations.

I personally expected the 787-9 to operate a flight such as this, maybe they wanted to jump in early before KE eventually goes daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.