Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA announce service to Seoul ICN, Lima LIM, Dusseldorf DUS, Dublin DUB [24 Oct 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA announce service to Seoul ICN, Lima LIM, Dusseldorf DUS, Dublin DUB [24 Oct 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
JL lounge in ICN was closed recently and they now use KE lounge instead (not sure why not CX). I'm wondering which one AA is going to use.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Relieved to see that they didn't cut any more routes. Would love to see year round service to FCO from anywhere AA flies. We are very sad to see BRU go.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oopsz
mmm.. korean beef.

Any chance AA will have a Bibimbap meal option?
One can dream! The dolsot would probably be way to heavy though.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Plat; UA.
Originally Posted by Carolinian
Dublin would normally be nice, but NOT from JFK, an airport I avoid like the plague.
+1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:41 am

Loving the Dublin flights

Lower taxes from DUB than LHR + the UK...

so will be a cheap way to do an outbound DUB-USA rather than LHR-USA... both paid and award and then just buy a cheap one way on BA LHR-DUB for £40-£50... ;-)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by lovexylitol
From my experience, I think about 1/3 gets 747.
I am surprised by AA, since even 5 per week KE flights are usually not full, they (AA) will have to make a new market. (Of course, I will probably jump wagon just to use SWUs)
Cargo can make up a lot of $$$'s on a flight.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by HNL
DFW-LIM-DFW was announced as a 757. Don't hold your breath for a 763.
Won't hold my breathe. Just grateful I'll now be able to make it there with only one connection instead of two.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Matze20111984
I think Dusseldorf is risky because Lufthansa also operates this route. I don't think this route has enough potential for 2 airlines!
The key is the connections. It is a major hub for AB, much less so for LH.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Looks like there is also a CX First & Business Lounge..
At ICN? The JL lounge is closed (though the space is unused). They use the KE lounge now.
The only oneworld lounge at ICN now is the CX lounge. It is a joint First/Business lounge. Offerings are like the J side of The Wing in HKG, although I haven't been in the J part of The Wing since they reopened after the referb.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by chanp
Another asian destination is great, BUT I dont think there are any direct connections by one world carriers to many places from there. I need to look, but dont think there is any direct to India by OW?? Be nice to use a SWU to ICN then a shorter connection to say DEL than connecting thru LHR or NRT, etc...
AA doesn't seem to have any interest in making it easy to get to India though East Asia. I still don't understand why.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by MtRoot
JL lounge in ICN was closed recently and they now use KE lounge instead (not sure why not CX). I'm wondering which one AA is going to use.
AA could use the former JL lounge...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HYATT DIAMOND, AVIS CC, AA EXP
great news!

I may be one of the few but I love aa...keep the routes coming!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by kawoh
Lower taxes from DUB than LHR + the UK...

so will be a cheap way to do an outbound DUB-USA rather than LHR-USA... both paid and award and then just buy a cheap one way on BA LHR-DUB for £40-£50... ;-)
I have always wanted scotland to pay more attention to Dublin. LHR is a pain in the earlobes, and there are frequent connections from dub to gla/edi. Pre-clearance as well on the return. I would fly JFK-DUB route if AA and aer arran would link up for those purposes (fat chance, although i bet there are a few scots on here would would very much like this route). Plus it seems its cheaper for me to continue to fly via lhr in business on a 777 than it is to jump a 757 on the BOS - DUB route (when i add in connections).
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
The other thing that would make this attractive to Samsung executives is the fact that all travel can be consolidated since the Silicon Valley and New Jersey operations are very easily connected to TX via AA; more so than DL (KE's US partner).
If you were trying to get corporate West Coast traffic to and from ICN, making them backtrack 1500 miles to DFW so that you can save them a connection in MSP or SLC (that probably doesn't add anywhere near as much travel time)? Probably not all that helpful, especially since KE serves SFO nonstop.

This is all about DFW O/D and midcon connections, not serving the coasts (if AA was doing ICN-LAX or JFK, completely different story- and I wouldn't be totally shocked to see those come online at some point down the road if AA does well bouncing back from Chapter 11). The only people who think ICN-DFW-SFO makes any sense over a nonstop are FT mileage runners.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:13 am
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
If you were trying to get corporate West Coast traffic to and from ICN, making them backtrack 1500 miles to DFW so that you can save them a connection in MSP or SLC (that probably doesn't add anywhere near as much travel time)? Probably not all that helpful, especially since KE serves SFO nonstop.

This is all about DFW O/D and midcon connections, not serving the coasts (if AA was doing ICN-LAX or JFK, completely different story- and I wouldn't be totally shocked to see those come online at some point down the road if AA does well bouncing back from Chapter 11). The only people who think ICN-DFW-SFO makes any sense over a nonstop are FT mileage runners.
I think you misunderstood. I was saying this would be appealing to TX-based Samsung execs because they could now have their Korea travel as well as their domestic travel under one roof. I wasn't suggesting that DFW would be the connecting point for overseas traffic, particularly since I wouldn't be surprised if Korea-based execs still preferred to utilize KE and any AA/Samsung agreements are direct with the TX offices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.