Great AA flights YUL-MIA-YUL last weekend

Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs

In spite of all difficulties of AA described elsewhere, I was happy to buy a weekend MIA getaway on AA (outbound on AA1402 Sep 28 and inbound on AA2232 Sep 30).

I was even happier when a very reasonably priced LMU was offered during the online check-in. The AA B737-800 cabin may not perhaps be the most recent or luxurious, but 40" legroom in J is quite generous, the schedule was what I needed (leave right after work) and the service was incredible good, especially on AA1402. It was a flight from heaven thanks to all 4 FAs: E.Z., Zorayda, Amy and Martty.

For more than 20 years I used to fly almost exclusively AC (our "national" carrier) but got quite fed up with them for reasons often discussed here on the AC forum. I do not hold any grudge, though. Life goes on.

Does anyone know the FA Amy? Apparently she flies MIA-YUL on a regular basis and seems to have lots of regular pax who love her personality and the stellar service she provides. I was fortunate enough to have her also on my return flight. She knows how to make difficult look easy, always with a smile.

I know that AA is going through very turbulent times and need all moral support that they can get. My motto is Give credit when credit is due, and this time it was well deserved.

I hope that AA lurkers read this and will forward to the Customer Service where I have also sent an online note.

Bravo AA, thanks again for great experience! ^
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

Might want to send a quick note to AA. They'll put it in the FAs file.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I'm curious: Are AA's in-flight announcements on flights to and from YUL bilingual? I ask only because I've been on other U.S.-based airlines' flights there where they were not. That surprised me.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life, Air Canada 75K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
I'm curious: Are AA's in-flight announcements on flights to and from YUL bilingual? I ask only because I've been on other U.S.-based airlines' flights there where they were not. That surprised me.
Yes, it is a designated French-speaker flight. You'll have one French-speaking flight attendant from the Miami base per flight. Some speak French better than others but as someone who lives in Montreal I am appreciative. I have flown United, Delta, and US Airways to and from YUL and have never had an on-board French speaker.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
Yes, and it was Amy again, speaking fairly good French.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.