Wiki Posts
Search

ADM [Agency Debit Memo] query

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS, CO, BA
ADM [Agency Debit Memo] query

Is it only the plating carrier who can issue an adm?

I'm wondering as I've got some ek sectors on an aa ticket and could get a better connection if the married sectors were broken. While I know ek would charge an adm for this if issued on their own stock, does the ticket being another carriers stock prevent them doing this?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Guess that stumped everyone?!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: AA EXP IC RA Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by barnstaple
Yep.

Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Yep; even google translate didn't work!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Is it only the plating carrier who can issue an adm?

I'm wondering as I've got some ek sectors on an aa ticket and could get a better connection if the married sectors were broken. While I know ek would charge an adm for this if issued on their own stock, does the ticket being another carriers stock prevent them doing this?
Yes, the plating carrier can issue an adm but only if the married sectors originate with the pating carrier and if the adm was not issued by a third party such as hw or ep. If that's the case then the married secotors must be disjoined by ek in order for the plating carrier to remarry the sectors. However, the married sector could be disjoined and then remarried under a third party stock if both the plating carrier and ek were to issue a new adm under both the plating carrier and ek's 5d code. It may sound a little complicated but it's really just a couple of keystrokes.

By the way, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You mean it isn't "Armas de Destrucción Masiva"?

Sometimes the overuse of abbreviations means questions may not get answered, though fortunately some of our members are familiar with some of even the most arcane of them. And Ltgfrk can give us lessons...

(If he chooses to do so I will add to the Glossary in the Wiki...)

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 1, 2012 at 9:18 am Reason: add parenthetical
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
Yes, the plating carrier can issue an adm but only if the married sectors originate with the pating carrier and if the adm was not issued by a third party such as hw or ep. If that's the case then the married secotors must be disjoined by ek in order for the plating carrier to remarry the sectors. However, the married sector could be disjoined and then remarried under a third party stock if both the plating carrier and ek were to issue a new adm under both the plating carrier and ek's 5d code. It may sound a little complicated but it's really just a couple of keystrokes.

It really shows!

Would you mind translating this for us for the benefit of any future travelers who may be wondering about adms and such.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

ADM - Agency Debit Memo - used by airlines to charge agents for errors etc.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - so the answer is yes you can still get an ADM from EK on an AA issued ticket?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.

And I thought the question was confusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.