Cockpit Jumpseat- Boarding Pass?

Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Centurion
CEOs upfront? I was told by someone that Robert Crandall days and prior that if you were on AA's board of directors you and your entire family received "positive space" in First Class for life. True?
From the 2011 Proxy Statement:

Other Compensation

As is common in the airline industry, each non-employee director and his or her spouse or companion and dependent children also received unlimited complimentary personal air travel on American Airlines and American Eagle Airlines in any available class of service, and we reimbursed them for any related taxes. We provided membership in our Admirals Club airport lounges and all of the benefits and privileges American Airlines gives to its best frequent flyers, including class of service upgrade credits, travel assistance, and fee waivers. We also reimbursed them for their expenses incurred in attending our meetings. We provided other perquisites and personal benefits, which are described in footnote 5 to the "Director Compensation Table For Fiscal Year 2010" below.

Pension and Other Retirement Benefits

Each non-employee director elected to the Board before May 15, 1996 and who serves on the Board until age 62 is entitled to a pension benefit of $20,000 per year. The benefit is paid until the death of the director and the director's spouse. Upon retirement, Mr. Boren, Mr. Codina and Mrs. Korologos will receive this benefit. We will also continue to provide the Admirals Club membership, frequent flyer benefits, complimentary air travel and tax reimbursements described above following the non-employee director's retirement. For each non-employee director who has served on the Board for at least ten years and retires at or following age 70, we continue to provide the complimentary air travel until the death of the director and his or her spouse. For directors who either do not serve until age 70 or do not serve for at least ten years, we continue to provide the complimentary air travel for the number of years the director served on the Board.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
No, and no.

Originally Posted by ESpen36

Do the CEOs have to be licensed pilots? I'm sure they all are (at least single-engine hobbyists), but I wonder if it is a regulation.

Do controllers have to be licensed pilots?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:40 am

This is why an employee was fired, for posting the names and flights of those execs bumping FC pax. I would like to think that revenue pax come first, but I'm old school.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Lower upper management also gets to fly first class for personal travel.

The buy-in to be able to fly confirmed F is the Managing Director level.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.