Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which brand is the butterscotch topping AA serves on sundaes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
The catering guidelines from many years ago for GRU-POA and LIM-CUZ were kind of interesting to see.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
While not butterscotch related, it seems that AA is going to be testing Tetra Packed Wines on DFW-CDG instead of the traditional glass bottles.

http://www.tetrapak.com/us/packaging...s/default.aspx

Dan

I think it's only in Y, given the heavy demand for wine in the CDG market, especially now that it's free. J will still have the glass bottles (and, reportedly, some of the best wine served on board AA anywhere systemwide).
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
I think it's only in Y, given the heavy demand for wine in the CDG market, especially now that it's free. J will still have the glass bottles (and, reportedly, some of the best wine served on board AA anywhere systemwide).
I have heard this as well and in fact a college buddy of mine said that he noticed the higher quality of wine on the DFW-CDG compared to his DFW-SCL flight.

Dan
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by dan1431
I have heard this as well and in fact a college buddy of mine said that he noticed the higher quality of wine on the DFW-CDG compared to his DFW-SCL flight.

Dan
Don't the CDG flights have better bubbly?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
No clue, I will ask my buddy if he partook in the bubbly.

Dan
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I would expect nothing short of Berthillon ice cream out of Paris.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Science Goy
I like mine like that, plus a shot of vodka, dash of Tabasco and worcestershire, garnished with a celery stalk and strip of bacon
You found me at "vodka."
Originally Posted by Science Goy
And I didn't bring you back with "bacon"?
Mmmm, Bacon Vodka....why didn't I think of that?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Mmmm, Bacon Vodka....why didn't I think of that?
My wife and I throw an annual bacon party where we encourage people to bring inspired bacon related items. One of the years some folks made some perfect "bacontinis", a.k.a bacon martinis. Excellent!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
Hot fudge and butterscotch mixed, or hot fudge on one side and butterscotch on the other?
One on each side. Also the nutty undertones of a sherry work really well with the sundae. Of course when I asked for a sherry after dinner I received funny looks. Then the purser came out to tell me she understood what I was doing and approved.

So the Business Class crew had discussed my sundae... better than reading People magazine?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I just asked my husband to go out for some ice cream and butterscotch topping. Hmmm... where did I get that idea?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Treat yourelf. Live a little. Step outside your comfort zone. No opportunity wasted.

My sundae preference is the same as Robert Crandall, the former CEO: Hot fudge and butterscotch; no whipped cream or nuts.

I will follow your advice and leave the comfort zone of my butterscotch to the hot fudge area... I'm just worried that I will like it so much I will have to start another thread to find out the fudge brand...

Of all the answers, probably the closest one to reality is that it doesn't have much to do with the brand, and all to do with the feet above ground
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I just asked my husband to go out for some ice cream and butterscotch topping. Hmmm... where did I get that idea?
It's because AA is in bankruptcy.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
To the OP: Have you tried Mrs. Richardson's "butterscotch caramel" (that's the name on the label). I think it's the best I've found of the store brands.

Thanks!! I have noted that, and will report back if I find it.

I will also bring the question to the FAs on my next sundae-catered flight, hopefully the toppings come in some kind of packaging that at least have some indication of a brand. I will mention there is 20+ people on an internet forum waiting for an answer
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Robt760
Cool stuff, but it's proprietary info and will likely be secured soon; but I'm not telling anyone.
Very interesting site. You can now figure out the upcoming menu for any AA flight this year.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Now I've seen everything...I had no idea that of all places Amazon.com would sell it...try your local supermarket first, it will cost less. It is SOOOO good that not only do we heat it up for sundaes, but it's great cold right out of the jar when you just have to have something sweet. Their Hot Fudge is great, too. Honestly, puts Smuckers to shame.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Aug 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.