Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Airport / Concourse TSA Pre-Check / Precheck Hours [only]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
I would imagine that, due to its proximity to the F line and new rules about int'l flights, its closure now coincides with when the pax for the late LHR flight are supposed to be clearing security (though obviously that won't be perfect).
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
I would imagine that, due to its proximity to the F line and new rules about int'l flights, its closure now coincides with when the pax for the late LHR flight are supposed to be clearing security (though obviously that won't be perfect).
It's my understanding that the lines for the other terminals are open much later. The T2 one, however, which is not connected airside with any other terminal, is the one that closes at 5 PM. I could be wrong about other closure times, however.

Regardless, it seems silly that they would close it at 5 PM when there are so many flights that are elite heavy which depart much later.

Or maybe it's a bay area thing? The fact that SJC does not have one yet is very perplexing. Elite heavy, and high profile, it's my preferred airport due to the company I work for and with, but lately I've gone to SFO due to it having pre-check.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by akarneboge
It does IME. I got there at 4:30 for my 9:30 something red-eye to Miami just so I didn't have to go through the normal hassle. Pre-check matters that much to me, yes.
SFO has extended PreCheck at T-2 until at least 11 pm.

SJC and OAK now have PreCheck, too, although some have reported that the one at SJC is closed at random times.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: AA, HH
I usually just check out the TSA Pre-Check operating hours from their website.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...ating-airports
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Jake2815
I usually just check out the TSA Pre-Check operating hours from their website.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...ating-airports
Which is also frequently very out of date based on other FT'er experiences.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by makfan
although some have reported that the one at SJC is closed at random times.
I have yet to see SJC's open at any time, morning, noon, or night.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by makfan
SJC and OAK now have PreCheck, too, although some have reported that the one at SJC is closed at random times.
Originally Posted by lbbzman
I have yet to see SJC's open at any time, morning, noon, or night.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Yup. I've even spoke with TSA there and they have indicated that they don't actually have set hours. It will be open "at peak times." The agent I spoke with was very nice, understood my frustration with an answer like that, but said that they were still rolling it out, and it was a "staffing" issue.

If one gets Pre-Check and the line is not open, one can ask for a card with LLL written on it. Laptops still have to come out, but the rest of the pre-Check-like behavior applies. Except that one has to wait in the regular line.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:25 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few months ago at JFK T-8 (when pre-check was open to only those "special" fliers who got the 3 beeps), at 11:00 am, they had only one lane open for everyone (=all other lanes had metal doors down)--AA has very few midday flights, so no need for extra lanes. Have things changed? Is pre-check (now) open most of the day, or do the have a siesta from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm? [Should "official" TSA opening hours be believed?]
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by akarneboge
Which is also frequently very out of date based on other FT'er experiences.
That explains a lot. I always thought I was having bad luck with Pre-Check line not open on some of my flights.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
BUR now has pre-check with limited hours. On Monday 12/2/2013 when departing on a WN flight after 5pm, Mrs.G and I got orange-colored cards instead, for use in the so-called "Experienced Traveler" line, that allowed us to follow the usual TSA Pre-check process ... no shoes off, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
RDU Monday morning (today), the Precheck was open and had the longest line I've ever seen, with several loops of people. There were two TDCs, two X-ray belts routing to one WTMD with the NOS roped off. There was a TSO trying to help ensure that everyone left all their things in their bags.

Her instructions were something like "this is the expedited screening lane and to ensure everyone gets expedited screening, please leave EVERYTHING in your bags. Just be sure to take your phone and keys out of your pockets so you don't alarm the metal detector."

It moved pretty fast. I was at the AC less than 10 minutes after being dropped in front.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
LAX Terminal 4 (AA) precheck hours

I have a 6:40 AM flight from LAX on Sunday morning. Trying to find out if precheck will be open at 6 am, but not finding any info with a search, including at the TSA and LAX websites. Looking for someone whose been through early on a Sunday recently. Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by solosf
I have a 6:40 AM flight from LAX on Sunday morning. Trying to find out if precheck will be open at 6 am, but not finding any info with a search, including at the TSA and LAX websites. Looking for someone whose been through early on a Sunday recently. Thanks.
I'll reply to my own post with the answer in case anyone is looking for the same information in the near future at LAX T4: yes, it is open early. I got there way too early (5:00 AM). The priority access line was huge - the entire length of the balcony and then around the corner. The precheck line - 2 people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.