Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
I desperately hope this promo comes back. I can get rentals from a location near me for only $11/day (plus taxes/fees). Oh please come back!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by erasmus99
I desperately hope this promo comes back. I can get rentals from a location near me for only $11/day (plus taxes/fees). Oh please come back!
Just remember that you have to rent from an airport in order for this promo to work. It's too bad that you can't rent it from any location.

Has anyone rented from a local location and been able to have the promo miles honoured?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by chinesescouse
Just remember that you have to rent from an airport in order for this promo to work. It's too bad that you can't rent it from any location.

Has anyone rented from a local location and been able to have the promo miles honoured?
The coupon does not work for some of the non-airport locations that I tried to book online, so I am guessing the answer is No.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Hmm, I have a rental on the 14th and 15th for one day. Wonder if Avis might pull some shenanigans in crediting me the miles. I haven't had issues with the miles posting so far till the last rental. Avis CC said I should get those miles though.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ihavebeenseen
If the receipt showed no miles then your were doing it wrong and will get no miles.
Incorrect!!!

It depends on the rental location. Some locations are no longer listing miles earned on the receipt ever (neither the printed receipt or the emailed one or the online one). Yet that does not affect receiving miles.

I did 5 rentals at LAX in August. None of them showed miles on any receipt. Yet all of them earned 3050 miles (except for the one from 8/10-8/11 that hasn't posted yet, but that's because of the Avis->AA posting glitch covering that date, not anything to do with the receipt obviously, since 4 other rentals that showed no miles on the receipt did post miles to AA already).
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Already received an Avis response to my email in the post above, which is the following:

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. You are
correct. This coupon does not state that an advanced booking of 24
hours is required; only that an advanced reservation must be booked.
I have created case file XXXXXX and am submitting it to our Frequent
Flyer department at this time for further review and investigation. You
will be contacted with our findings as quickly as possible.

I'll give them this, they're very responsive. Looking good thus far, and I will update once I know more.

To further add some credibility to the fact that you do not need to have your reservation made 24 hours in advance; I made a reservation less than an hour before I got to the airport, completed the rental a day later, and 3050 miles showed up on the receipt. Good stuff.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Americanada
To further add some credibility to the fact that you do not need to have your reservation made 24 hours in advance; I made a reservation less than an hour before I got to the airport, completed the rental a day later, and 3050 miles showed up on the receipt. Good stuff.
Fantastic!

Just booked 6 more for this weekend. Contemplating a couple more ...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:00 am

I just had 50 points posted for 3 different rentals during Sept 1-3. I called AA and asked about the 3000 miles and I was told the offer had expired. I explained to the AA rep that I was sure the promotion had been extended til Sept 15 but the AA rep had no info on his end.

Should this question be directed at Avis instead?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by 323kid
I just had 50 points posted for 3 different rentals during Sept 1-3. I called AA and asked about the 3000 miles and I was told the offer had expired. I explained to the AA rep that I was sure the promotion had been extended til Sept 15 but the AA rep had no info on his end.

Should this question be directed at Avis instead?
Yes. Read 10 - 15 posts above this one.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by chinesescouse

Amazingly, this $11 rate is at an airport location. I had previously looked when the promo first started and rates were sky high for the summer, but have plummeted. The airport is quite a small one.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by erasmus99
Amazingly, this $11 rate is at an airport location. I had previously looked when the promo first started and rates were sky high for the summer, but have plummeted. The airport is quite a small one.
Agreed. As I mentioned, I've got 6 for this weekend, at $18.90/ea ai, and will probably book at least 1 - 2 more.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:42 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Incorrect!!!

It depends on the rental location. Some locations are no longer listing miles earned on the receipt ever (neither the printed receipt or the emailed one or the online one). Yet that does not affect receiving miles.

I did 5 rentals at LAX in August. None of them showed miles on any receipt. Yet all of them earned 3050 miles (except for the one from 8/10-8/11 that hasn't posted yet, but that's because of the Avis->AA posting glitch covering that date, not anything to do with the receipt obviously, since 4 other rentals that showed no miles on the receipt did post miles to AA already).
I received a letter in the snail mail yesterday indicating that they will credit the missing miles for my rental ending 5 Aug on a future statement. A real live person actually signed it. Interesting.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Shows less miles today on link. Still 14th today. I reserved one a few days ago, could have sworn it said 3k and 5k.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:25 am

anyone have a old screenshot I can use so I have some kind of proof send to my username @ gmail.
Thanks guys
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by chanp
Shows less miles today on link. Still 14th today. I reserved one a few days ago, could have sworn it said 3k and 5k.
The code MUAA035 is still effective till 09/15. The updated page shows a different code.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.