FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   MIA-BNE in J on QF 8 best lounge to use in DFW (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1368439-mia-bne-j-qf-8-best-lounge-use-dfw.html)

shadesofgrey1x Jul 20, 2012 5:51 am

MIA-BNE in J on QF 8 best lounge to use in DFW

I am traveling on AA MIA-DFW then on to BNE on QF 8 in J, what is the best lounge to use? I see a 3rd party QF and a BA lounge. I already know what the ACs are like there. It would be nice to have some free food other than cookies, salty snack mix, and apples. I am lifetime PLT in J with an AC membership, so I should have access to all of them, correct?

andreirublev Jul 20, 2012 7:31 am

The 3rd party lounge that QF uses has some small snack food and decent liquor, but is a tiny cramped room.

I believe the BA lounge is only open for a couple of hours before the one BA flight departs.

The contract lounge area is a shared space and BA/QF/LH/KE shuffle around, and I think even use the same rooms at different times of day.

Spiff Jul 20, 2012 7:55 am

If you want unlimited booze or a selection of complimentary light snacks, then go to the QF/BA lounge. It's quieter there.

If you don't mind a wider variety of booze being rationed by drink chit (still free, but after 2 you have to go ask for more chits), want more substantial food for a price, or want a shower, the go to the AC.

They're close enough to each other that you can visit both and decide for yourself.

irishflyer07 Dec 6, 2012 5:11 pm

If I'm flying DFW-BNE on QF 8 this weekend and am in Business class (booked with AA miles through AA), are we eligible to use any of the lounges at DFW before the 10pm departure? I don't have an Admirals Club membership. Thanks.

HNL Dec 6, 2012 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by irishflyer07 (Post 19809835)
If I'm flying DFW-BNE on QF 8 this weekend and am in Business class (booked with AA miles through AA), are we eligible to use any of the lounges at DFW before the 10pm departure? I don't have an Admirals Club membership. Thanks.

You will be granted access to the QF Contract Lounge.

dayone Dec 6, 2012 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 19809903)
You will be granted access to the QF Contract Lounge.

It doesn't open until 6:00 pm but it has premium liquor and heartier food (e.g., pasta salad), along with the usual lounge snacks.

irishflyer07 Dec 7, 2012 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 19810152)
It doesn't open until 6:00 pm but it has premium liquor and heartier food (e.g., pasta salad), along with the usual lounge snacks.

Thanks for the info - that is great news.

bayoubabsy Dec 7, 2012 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by irishflyer07 (Post 19814733)
Thanks for the info - that is great news.

In addition to the QF contract lounge, you should also have access to any of the ACs if you so desire. Access is based on OneWorld traveling international J. The OneWorld lounge wizard is always a good tool to determine if you are eligible for access.

irishflyer07 Dec 7, 2012 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by bayoubabsy (Post 19815244)
In addition to the QF contract lounge, you should also have access to any of the ACs if you so desire. Access is based on OneWorld traveling international J. The OneWorld lounge wizard is always a good tool to determine if you are eligible for access.

Thanks - that helps a lot. Just hoping we don't have to divert to Auckland on the way to Brisbane!

TheBOSman Dec 7, 2012 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by irishflyer07 (Post 19816357)
Thanks - that helps a lot. Just hoping we don't have to divert to Auckland on the way to Brisbane!

The route hasn't had to divert for quite a while now:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA8/history

jozdemir Dec 7, 2012 6:51 pm

I used my Qantas Club membership to get me into the AC at DFW when I was travelling on QF8 earlier in the year. Didn't bother checking out the QF Contract lounge, but besides the free drink limitation in the AC I thought it was quite comfortable and spacious so it'd be my choice if I went back there.