Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I earn miles? From Z to F?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Will I earn miles? From Z to F?

I was suppose to travel on an award ticket ("Z") last night but I missed my connection so the GA re-booked me on another flight. I checked my boarding pass and it mentioned "F" rather than "Z".
Curious to know if I will earn miles?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Unlikely, but it may happen. One way to make sure it won't happen is to ask an AA employee...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I have had such things done before and earned miles. Other times the system seems to catch it. If you earn them, great. If not, well you still got everything you paid for.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Good to know. Fingers crossed here
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
I have had such things done before and earned miles. Other times the system seems to catch it. If you earn them, great. If not, well you still got everything you paid for.
I had a three-leg award itinerary and the second leg got re-booked into W and earned miles. This was on June 29, but YMMV of course.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
They are booking you into the inventory available. Miles sometimes happen......
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:51 pm

It does happen. That is why am am certain to include FF# into any award ticket I book for family or friends, just in case!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it is done properly, it wont happen. At a hurry, yes it happens

If the agent takes time to do the rebooking, there apparently somewhere on one of the screen that a code can enter to make sure no miles given. This is no different when you book an AANYTIME award, the fare code is booked into the revenue code but you would not earn miles just because of that because at booking the system already coded it as an award.

At a hurry when GA tried to put you on a flight, it can happen because the GA simply did not have time to do extra work to properly code the booking.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by onesocalkid
I had a three-leg award itinerary and the second leg got re-booked into W and earned miles. This was on June 29, but YMMV of course.
Easy Come, Easy Go.

I was awarded a segment and flight as mentioned above, but now 21 days after being credited, a adjustment just posted taking the segment and the miles away.

Bummer, but be aware!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
A few years back I always earned miles on these but, now they are more careful about it. Due to IRROPS I was moved from U to J on LHR-MIA no miles given.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Back in 2006, I was booked in Z and volunteered for an oversold flight and was put in Y [it was a short flight in Y] .

There was F inventory later in the day, but I didn’t want to wait 4 hours for a short hop flight.

No miles credited for the re-accommodation flight in booked Y.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
My experience has been that when it is done at the gate by the GA, miles happen.

Certainly a pleasant surprise, but nothing to expect.

Oh, and they usually go through as F milage not X milage - allota points and miles.

good luck and let us know, you should have an answer in a day or two the latest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.