Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Miami / MIA Flagship check-in [as of 7/7/2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
New Miami / MIA Flagship check-in [as of 7/7/2012]

Located to the right of checkpoint 2 (w/ TSA pre-check) near gate ~D24-D26. It looks similar to the premium check-in area at JFK (not branded as Flagship Check-in however) with frosted glass partitions, tables & chairs, self check-in machines and ample uniformed staff available.

FORT WORTH, Texas, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the busiest travel week of the summer, American Airlines premium customers at Miami International Airport (MIA) will enjoy an expedited and personalized check-in experience as American opens its second Flagship Check-In. Like Flagship Check-In at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), this exclusive check-in experience at MIA is designed to enhance and customize the travel experience for a select group of American's high-value customers.

Flagship Check-In will offer premium customers a separate security line and a private, expedited experience with customer service representatives who can assist with a variety of individual travel needs. This includes baggage assistance, seat and itinerary changes and connecting flight information. Premium customers eligible for Flagship Check-In at MIA, as well as LAX, include:

ConciergeKey(SM) members.
Customers of American's Five Star Service – a personal one-on-one airport assistance program provided on the day of travel.
First Class customers traveling onboard an American Airlines three-class trans-continental aircraft flying between MIA and LAX, and from LAX to JFK.
First Class customers traveling onboard an American or select oneworld® alliance international aircraft anywhere in their outbound itinerary. For a complete list of eligible carriers, please visit www.aa.com/flagshipcheckin.

"Our customers who have used Flagship Check-In in Los Angeles overwhelmingly tell us this is a service that they highly value, as it provides an exclusive, expedited check-in experience and enables quick and easy access to the front of the security lines," said Virasb Vahidi, American's Chief Commercial Officer. "Expanding Flagship Check-In to Miami will provide our most high-value customers with our very best service, something especially appreciated during peak travel periods, such as this holiday week."

The MIA Flagship Check-In experience will be available daily between 4 a.m. and 11 p.m. and is located in Concourse D of the North Terminal.

In addition to MIA's new Flagship Check-In, American continues to provide an upgraded and modern customer experience that focuses on what American's top customers value most. This includes everything from world class products and services such as enhanced smart phone apps keeping customers connected to hundreds of upcoming aircraft deliveries.
http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3545
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Good deal!

And to recap:

Who Can Benefit

You may benefit from our exclusive Flagship Check-in service if you are:
  • A Five Star ServiceSM customer

• A ConciergeKeySM member

• Traveling First Class onboard an international American or select oneworld alliance® carrier* anywhere in your outbound itinerary

• Traveling First Class onboard an American three-class transcontinental aircraft between MIA and LAX, and from LAX to JFK
*Eligible oneworld alliance carriers include, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines and Qantas. These carriers offer an international First Class service, which is defined as First Class service onboard a three-class (i.e. First, Business and Main Cabin) or four-class (i.e. First, Business, Premium Economy and Main Cabin) aircraft.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:45 pm

Another misconstrued bandaid

After checkin, do these high value passengers proceed and relax in the nonexistent FL or move on to an AC? Perhaps the concourse?

And an EXP on an international flights no matter which cabin would not be allowed to avail themselves of this checkin area and yet would be granted entry into an FL lounge if it reappeared???
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:11 am

Wow - much as I love the Flagship check-in at LAX, I think the priority at MIA should have been the re-opening of the Flagship Lounge.

And as far as flagship check-in, I think JFK should have been the first priority - so many more F flights...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by fridge5
After checkin, do these high value passengers proceed and relax in the nonexistent FL or move on to an AC? Perhaps the concourse?

And an EXP on an international flights no matter which cabin would not be allowed to avail themselves of this checkin area and yet would be granted entry into an FL lounge if it reappeared???

Well, there is the shared OW Premium Lounge available for limited afternoon/evening hours for EXPs and PLTs traveling "internationally," as well as F/J "international" pax. It is actually a pretty nice lounge (former E AC) with great views of the tarmac and an airy, Mediterranean feel. Much better than the awful green "under the sea" motif of the ACs.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Wow - much as I love the Flagship check-in at LAX, I think the priority at MIA should have been the re-opening of the Flagship Lounge.

And as far as flagship check-in, I think JFK should have been the first priority - so many more F flights...
It is in the works still, they say. I won't believe it until I see it.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:38 am

Thats great i use Mia a lot.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:53 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Unhappy One Problem Though...

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Well, there is the shared OW Premium Lounge available for limited afternoon/evening hours for EXPs and PLTs traveling "internationally," as well as F/J "international" pax.
It can only be accessed if you're flying on a true international flight! Me and the Mrs. will be flying from MVD to MIA in Business (it's a two class 763) and then flying on to LAX in First (Flagship) 777. Will be stuck using the AC at
MIA.

Although the AC MIA is a nice lounge, it's still not a flagship lounge )-:
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Okay....moment of truth. I had a few minutes, so I went ahead and checked the PDF timetable and did the calculations:

At JFK, AA has F seats departing to LHR (x5, max 15 seats sellable per flight), HND (x1, max 14), GRU (x1, max 15), LAX (x10, max 10), SFO (x4, max 10) and EZE (x1, max 14)....that's it. I just checked the PDF timetable to be sure.

At MIA, AA has F seats to LHR (x1, max 15), GRU (x2, max 15), GIG (x1, max 15), EZE (x2, max 15), LAX (x2, max 15).

So, that makes:

ex-JFK: 258 First Class seats per day, on flights marketed with 3 classes of service

ex-MIA: 120 First Class seats per day, on flights marketed with 3 classes of service

You are correct. Lots more 3-class F seats departing MIA per day. Of course, many of those F seats are awards, upgrades, and nonrevs. But still, JFK would see more 3-class F traffic on a typical day than MIA, even when MIA has the most profitable routes in the system (MIA-EZE and MIA-SDQ/PAP, if memory serves).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
It can only be accessed if you're flying on a true international flight! Me and the Mrs. will be flying from MVD to MIA in Business (it's a two class 763) and then flying on to LAX in First (Flagship) 777. Will be stuck using the AC at
MIA.

Although the AC MIA is a nice lounge, it's still not a flagship lounge )-:
Your MVD-MIA flight in J is good enough for access on the same day while connecting to/from the South American segment. Just save your boarding stubs!

(assuming that the MVD-MIA segment is both marketed and operated by a OW airline)
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:33 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Question It's AA Flight 984

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Your MVD-MIA flight in J is good enough for access on the same day while connecting to/from the South American segment. Just save your boarding stubs!

(assuming that the MVD-MIA segment is both marketed and operated by a OW airline)
Are you saying that we WILL have access to the 1W lounge at MIA upon our arrival??? I thought that once we cleared Customs & Immigration we will NOT be able to access the international pier where the 1W lounge is located since we are connecting to a domestic flight...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
Are you saying that we WILL have access to the 1W lounge at MIA upon our arrival??? I thought that once we cleared Customs & Immigration we will NOT be able to access the international pier where the 1W lounge is located since we are connecting to a domestic flight...
US airports are not segregated between international and domestic departures areas; as long as you have an onward flight departing from concourse D or E you will have physical access to the lounge area, so it's down to the access rules of the club to determine access.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Microwave
US airports are not segregated between international and domestic departures areas; as long as you have an onward flight departing from concourses D or E, you will have physical access to the lounge area, so it's down to the access rules of the club to determine access.
True in one sense, however, the Bradley terminal at LAX and the Intl Terminal at ORD create the same effect.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
True in one sense, however, the Bradley terminal at LAX and the Intl Terminal at ORD create the same effect.
This is true, though there's no practical reason that TBIT or ORD T5 could not be used for domestic flights. In those cases, the reason they are unavailalbe to domestic travellers is that they are not connected airside (excepting some bus services). In fact, AA will have a direct airside connection between T4 and TBIT in not too long, at which point it will be possible to use the TBIT lounges when departing from T4 (assuming one has lounge access, and unless lounge access rules change).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Microwave
This is true, though there's no practical reason that TBIT or ORD T5 could not be used for domestic flights. In those cases, the reason they are unavailalbe to domestic travellers is that they are not connected airside (excepting some bus services). In fact, AA will have a direct airside connection between T4 and TBIT in not too long, at which point it will be possible to use the TBIT lounges when departing from T4 (assuming one has lounge access, and unless lounge access rules change).

True, but the TBIT OW lounges might decide to pull the same nonsense that used to happen at the BA MIA A Terraces lounge and not allow access, saying "oh, you have an Admirals Club located in T4, and you should use the lounge of the operating carrier if one is available in the same terminal."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.