Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Booking partner award flights on aa.com: which program is next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond

Recently, AA has added the capability of using their website to book award flights for the following carriers: Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Hawaiian Airlines and Qantas.

Which partner airline will be the next? Does anyone have any leads?

Last edited by rendezvous; Jul 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Can you explain what you mean a little more for us? I'm feeling a bit dense tonight, or I am unable to understand the question. Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:47 pm
Suspended

None of us knows. But I'm sure an AA telephone agent (or the sister of the wife of an AA pilot) would be willing to share what she "knows."

I vote for LA first, then CX, then IB, then EY, then AY.

JD, the question is which partner will be added to the AA award booking engine next.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Can you explain what you mean a little more for us? I'm feeling a bit dense tonight, or I am unable to understand the question. Thanks!
I edited the original post for clarity. Thanks.

Also, can you add an "is" between "which program" in my title. I don't want to look like a complete fool. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for the edit! Between the new first line and Austinrunner, I get it now - and have changed the title as requested.

Originally Posted by rendezvous
Recently, AA has added the capability of using their website to book award flights for the following carriers: Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Hawaiian Airlines and Qantas.

Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
I believe that the next carrier will be QF per the MP discussionn with the advantage pres.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Pucnit
I believe that the next carrier will be QF per the MP discussionn with the advantage pres.
Clever. Or if you aren't kidding, you might want to review some of the front-page threads.

Given the BA/IB/AA JBA, I wouldn't be surprised if we got IB sooner than the others (unless their IT is incompatible, which wouldn't surprise me). JL will probably be an early one as well.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rendezvous

Hm, I just noticed: Up to now, they've been alternating: non-OW partner, OW partner, non-OW partner, OW partner. If that pattern continues, then the next partner should be a non-OW one, and then after that another one from OW again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.