Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Change my MIA-PUJ flight in sept.. any chance of comp??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
AA Change my MIA-PUJ flight in sept.. any chance of comp??

Hi,

I was originally booked on on an MIA-PUJ segment that arrived around noon (forget exactly what time). Got notice that im now on AA 2415 arriving at 2:25.

I really did need to be there earlier (call it poor planning but that couple hours did make a difference for a wedding dress rehearsal i have to be a part of)

Anything AA can do for me??

Full itinerary is AA 1409 (YYZ-MIA). Then AA 2515 (MIA-PUJ)

Appreciate any help!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Comp? Of course not.

As for what they might be able to do, are there other AA flights that work better? If so, you may be able to get moved to one of them. Call and suggest.

Cheers.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
They would likely let you travel on AA the day before. They will certainly refund your fare (or miles without redeposit fee) and let you seek a ticket on another carrier.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Does AA have any flights (from anywhere) that arrive PUJ earlier? If so, you can request that AA re-route you; if not, you can ask if AA will re-book you for the preceding day.

Of course, given the significant schedule change, you are also free to request a full refund, and make other arrangements on a different carrier.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=jchacko2;18737471]

Anything AA can do for me??

[QUOTE]

To summarize the above, you can call AA and ask for one of the following things:

1. A full refund of the full itinerary
2. To move your departure up a day, so that you arrive in PUJ the day before, or you could overnight in NYC and take the early flight out of JFK and get in mid-morning on the day you wanted to arrive.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
Appreciate the suggestions! Seems temping - night in NYC is always a good time ... or just go the day before.... this is a coin flip! I'll post the result!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Marriott Ambassador
Personally, there is no way I would try to arrive for a wedding dress rehearsal where if my flight moves by ~2 hours, it becomes a problem. This is particularly relevant with an international flight. If you HAVE to be at the event, I would travel the day before .... no question about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.