Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very impressed with XXX Admirals Club (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Very impressed, EWR Admiral's Club

I am the only one here in Newark's Admirals Club. It is one of the nicest lounges I have been to here in the states. I am just suprised AA has such a nice club here in EWR.

Last edited by miamigrad; Jun 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm Reason: Updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:46 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
I am the only one here in Newark's Admirals Club. It is one of the nicest lounges I have been to here in the states. I am just suprised AA has such a nice club here in EWR.
It's about the only nice thing at EWR...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Originally Posted by Spiff
Security lines and EWR flight delays are horrendous. I live in NJ and choose to fly out of JFK and LGA to avoid it at all costs.

AC is nice, but they have TSA inspections exiting in front of the AC entrance.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by SFOJFK
Security lines and EWR flight delays are horrendous. I live in NJ and choose to fly out of JFK and LGA to avoid it at all costs.

AC is nice, but they have TSA inspections exiting in front of the AC entrance.
Anyone waiting to hand me a drink after a "security" experience, particularly an EWR "security" experience, is aces in my book.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:02 am
Suspended

I find the AA security at EWR much better than Terminal C (UA). The AC is dated, but kept super clean and the staff is excellent.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
Speaking of which (stupid question alert!)-what is the purpose of the airseev/whatever guy @ the podium guarding/blocking the entrances to the checkpoint? Not the TSA DOC-the one in the white shirt before you even get to the TDC. Had my first trip thru EWR a few weeks ago & am still stumped
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
A gentle reminder: This is the AA forum, and the current topic is the Admirals Club at EWR. Airport security can and should be discussed in the Travel Security / Security forum. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:02 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the EWR AC still sport the orange color scheme?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:09 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Nice club. Very dated. Good staff. Always have a good selection of newspapers (unlike most other clubs). Unfortunately, it always seems very dark in there.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Always enjoyed my stays here. Friendly staff, which is rare at EWR. The only problem, albeit minor, is the location literally behind TSA lanes.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by txrus
Speaking of which (stupid question alert!)-what is the purpose of the airseev/whatever guy @ the podium guarding/blocking the entrances to the checkpoint? Not the TSA DOC-the one in the white shirt before you even get to the TDC. Had my first trip thru EWR a few weeks ago & am still stumped
When I went thru the AA checkpoint there last week, he seemed to be guarding the priority line, making sure non-status coach pax didn't use it. He may also verify that you're at the correct checkpoint for your airline, since nothing at EWR is connected airside.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Its one of the nicest smaller ACs lounge. It never seems to be crowded, even last Friday afternoon the lounge was more than half empty. I hope AA keeps this lounge as the rest of Terminal A sucks (just like the EWR Airtrain service, which was a nightmare last Friday.)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Its one of the nicest smaller ACs lounge. It never seems to be crowded, even last Friday afternoon the lounge was more than half empty. I hope AA keeps this lounge as the rest of Terminal A sucks (just like the EWR Airtrain service, which was a nightmare last Friday.)
AC was closed when I went through EWR (5:30AM on a Saturday so no surprise). The location is not great, semi-far from the gates, and as noted, right at the finish of TSA, but I'll go with everyone else on how it is inside. The one time I used Airtrain, I was at B trying to get to A, train came from C, person told us it was going to A, and the train promptly went right back to C. I'll avoid EWR whenever possible now. The AC from the outside really is unassuming, that's probably the best way I could describe it.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Has it been updated since last year? I popped in and wasn't all that impressed, especially when I can think of nicer small clubs (RDU, DCA, the soon-to-be-erstwhile MCI). I remember when my Dad was EXP he got a maintenance call from AA asking if they could do anything to improve his travel experience and he mentioned "fix the EWR AC".

Might be the only Club with plants though!

I do, however, love their memorabilia collection.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
AC was closed when I went through EWR (5:30AM on a Saturday so no surprise). The location is not great, semi-far from the gates, and as noted, right at the finish of TSA, but I'll go with everyone else on how it is inside. The one time I used Airtrain, I was at B trying to get to A, train came from C, person told us it was going to A, and the train promptly went right back to C. I'll avoid EWR whenever possible now. The AC from the outside really is unassuming, that's probably the best way I could describe it.
The EWR AC hours start at 5AM (and the website still shows those hours.) I actually like having it right past Security. After dealing with the Airtrain, the illogical flow of Terminal A and the insane Security I need a damn drink ASAP. Now if we could only get EWR to serve bagels in the morning and not stale french bread (and JFK to get some damn coffee mugs but that is another thread.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.