Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

How long takes American to retire the funds of the debit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 9:17 pm
Osk
Original Poster

Hey

I made a booking with American a couple of hours ago but i realized that American hasn't taken out the money of my account yet and i wonder how long takes American to take the money of my card.

In my booking the status says "Bought" with the date of today with the details of the booking.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:25 pm

I'd give it at least 24-48 hours for it to percolate through your bank. OTOH, I've also had it clear before I clicked the browser tab shut.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by warthog1984
I'd give it at least 24-48 hours for it to percolate through your bank. OTOH, I've also had it clear before I clicked the browser tab shut.
That's pretty fast. My experience has been that it usually takes about an hour if things all process correctly. If it doesn't change to "ticketed" within a few days, I usually call in to check what's up. It's usually something like I mis-entered a gift card number or something like that. I call in to get someone to look at it and fix it right then.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:37 pm
Osk
Original Poster

Thank you for your answers effectively it took less than 24 hours to process my ticket, i called in American to see what happened and they told me that they first needed to verify the information of my card in order to take the money, the status of "Bought" was because i gave to them the information of my card. now i recieved to my e-mail the confirmation of my booking with all of the details and they took the money.

Last edited by Osk; May 13, 2012 at 10:49 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 12:39 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Osk
Hey

I made a booking with American a couple of hours ago but i realized that American hasn't taken out the money of my account yet and i wonder how long takes American to take the money of my card.

In my booking the status says "Bought" with the date of today with the details of the booking.
Never use a Debit Card to buy anything in advance of receipt of products or service. They usually do not have the same financial protection as Credit Cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.