Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to primary card holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply to the Citi Gold World MasterCard, Citi Executive products, or some of the Citi Business cards.

The maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles per AAdvantage account. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by nall
You're saying with the Citi Executive we can get more than 10k miles back a year?
Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
I'd say the agent is likely to be misinformed. I booked 200k of awards in April (in one go) and only got rebated 10k despite having the Citi Executive card. If we weren't limited to 10k then there's no reason why more (20k?) wouldn't have been rebated.
Really-- you got 10k rebate with holding just the $450/yr Executive World Elite (black) card?! I called Citi today and they said that this card was in fact NOT applicable for this but rather instead the AA Platinum (blue) cards were...
Old May 26, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Really-- you got 10k rebate with holding just the $450/yr Executive World Elite (black) card?! I called Citi today and they said that this card was in fact NOT applicable for this but rather instead the AA Platinum (blue) cards were...
No, I also hold a Visa CitiBusiness card which is what I think got me my rebate. I was just saying to the poster I referenced that, had the Citi Elite World card really been eligible for unlimited rebate, I would have gotten more than just 10k. As it is I'm pretty sure it gets zero rebate.
Old May 26, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by zutmin
Based on my experience thus far, one must have the personal card to get this mileage refund.

Data point:
I redeemed 217k miles and I have the personal and business cards. I received the 10k refund

My wife redeemed 140k miles on the same day. She has only the business card. She has not received the 10k refund...bummer
Strange. I only have the World Elite and Visa Business cards and yet I got a rebate.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Did anyone's rebate miles posted recently? I redeemed an award in early May and nothing has posted to my account. Though T&C states to allow 6 to 8 weeks but some members on this thread mentioned much earlier posting.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by milehound
Do you get 10% miles back if you redeem for hotels using the useAAmiles portal? It's been 6 weeks and nothing has posted to my account.
Yes you do, I just booked a car on useAAmiles portal, paid with non citi card for taxes, and did get 10% back. This is nice, since I already get 50% off by being EXP.
The rebate posted about 2 weeks after booking and less than one week after rental

Even though some complain the benefit is only 10K a year, I willl happily take this added benefit and see it as an improvement of the program!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Did anyone's rebate miles posted recently? I redeemed an award in early May and nothing has posted to my account. Though T&C states to allow 6 to 8 weeks but some members on this thread mentioned much earlier posting.
Mine posted today.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Works for booking awards on HA.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I am going insane?
Hallucinations?
FT and Miles overdose?
I SWEAR that yesterday I saw CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 7200, then this morning my mileage is down, and that line item is gone.
All legit transactions.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:23 am
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I am going insane?
Hallucinations?
FT and Miles overdose?
I SWEAR that yesterday I saw CITI 10% AWARD RDMPTION BONUS 7200, then this morning my mileage is down, and that line item is gone.
All legit transactions.
you are not going insane, I had the same thing happen. 5300 miles posted yesterday and they are gone today. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see what happens before I have a moment.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
What's going on? Was I dreaming?

Finaly I saw my 10% rebate miles posted yesterday morning when I logged to my account. Later in the day when I checked while I was looking for an AA award, the miles are gone. I checked this morning again and saw my monthly AAdvantage summary is in process and could not see the details. The total mileage count does not reflect the rebate miles also. I see some of you are seeing the same.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:51 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Yes you do, I just booked a car on useAAmiles portal, paid with non citi card for taxes, and did get 10% back. This is nice, since I already get 50% off by being EXP.
My first thought was, "What's this yahoo talking about?!"

So I poked around the AA site for hotel redemptions... Even at half price, I'd rather spend $725 than 56,800 AA miles, but still not such a bad option, really. Thanks for pointing out an option I had missed among the many EXP benefits. I'll have to read more to figure out why I've already seen the value of miles for hotel redemptions (as EXP) vary from 1.04 cents to 1.28 in just my small sample...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Same thing happened to me. Miles posted on Thursday or Friday, were gone yesterday.

What's going on? Was I dreaming?

Finaly I saw my 10% rebate miles posted yesterday morning when I logged to my account. Later in the day when I checked while I was looking for an AA award, the miles are gone. I checked this morning again and saw my monthly AAdvantage summary is in process and could not see the details. The total mileage count does not reflect the rebate miles also. I see some of you are seeing the same.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:41 pm

I had my bonus post quite a while back and when I was looking through the statements today it is also missing. As are a few flights I took this month. Unfortunately, it's difficult to tell whether the total miles are correct or not.

Perhaps it is just a system glitch with the end of the month.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:20 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I believe the reason the bonus was not showing, is that aa ruled off last month [which happens monthly, but not always on the same date]. My 10% bonus is showing under the June 2012 statement.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by LGA
My first thought was, "What's this yahoo talking about?!"

So I poked around the AA site for hotel redemptions... Even at half price, I'd rather spend $725 than 56,800 AA miles, but still not such a bad option, really. Thanks for pointing out an option I had missed among the many EXP benefits. I'll have to read more to figure out why I've already seen the value of miles for hotel redemptions (as EXP) vary from 1.04 cents to 1.28 in just my small sample...
It is a nice EXP benefit, not too many use it because just like you it is stated that redemption values are low, bench mark 1.5CPM (that is what AA vacations values a mile).

As a broad statement, yes, values of redemptions are not bargains, but there are some hidden gems, and with no blackout dates, no last minute fees, no bookig fees, no resort fees at properties I have stayed at, good CS, use of miles plus cash, etc, it has helped me book some very nice stays at very good values. Most of the time I get my elite benfits or points.

But the true benefit, is finding a place to spend my miles, since I seldom redeem miles for airtravel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.