Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to primary card holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply to the Citi Gold World MasterCard, Citi Executive products, or some of the Citi Business cards.

The maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles per AAdvantage account. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Do you get the 10% back if you book a saver award? i.e, will it be 17.5k for R/T, then with a credit of 1.75k back into your account after?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
Do you get the 10% back if you book a saver award? i.e, will it be 17.5k for R/T, then with a credit of 1.75k back into your account after?
There are no MileSAAver awards that are 17,500 miles for a round trip. Or are you referring to Citi / AAdvantage Reduced Mileage Awards?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Why is that? It's 8,750 each way.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Microwave
There are no MileSAAver awards that are 17,500 miles for a round trip. Or are you referring to Citi / AAdvantage Reduced Mileage Awards?
With the Citi RMAs you do get the 10% back and IIRC it posts at about the same time as the miles leave your account for redemption.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Here is the AAdvantage award chart

http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/f...ward-chart.jsp

As you can see there are no 17,500 RT redemptions.....one way, yes...but not RT.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
When you said "saver" i assumed you meant MileSAAver, which refers to this chart. I think what you meant was Citi / AAdvantage Reduced Mileage Awards, which is on this chart. The least expensive MileSAAver award is 25,000 miles return. @:-)

EDIT: Stripy beat me to it.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:39 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Do you have to pay the taxes with the credit card to qualify?
Originally Posted by vitacura
Not in my case. Paid with a completely different card and got the 10% back.
What a relief! Used my AA CC card to pay for the $10 in taxes, with award booked/miles pulled from my husband's account. We both have cards with the rebate, but I thought I was outta luck. Now I have hope!

Any updates appreciated if anyone has any.

Once again... With a little looking, all the answers are here on FT.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I had an award ticket booked before I got a Citi AA card. I recently got a citi AA card and cancelled the award ticket and then rebooked it (changed it from a RT ticket to 2x 1 way). There is no activity shown in my online account because the deposit and withdrawal of miles is the same (at least this is what AA told me). I confirmed that I do have 2 new record locators. This was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't seen the 10% rebate. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by rkh29
It looks like AA American Express and MC Gold do not have the 10% benefit. Is that correct?
MC Gold does not have the 10%
Amex depends, Amex Platinum has the 10%, the non-platinum version does not.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by araknis
I had an award ticket booked before I got a Citi AA card. I recently got a citi AA card and cancelled the award ticket and then rebooked it (changed it from a RT ticket to 2x 1 way). There is no activity shown in my online account because the deposit and withdrawal of miles is the same (at least this is what AA told me). I confirmed that I do have 2 new record locators. This was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't seen the 10% rebate. Any thoughts?
Unfortunately, I think you may need to wait a little longer and see. As you may have read upthread, it often takes 4-6 weeks for the 10% miles rebate to post.

(Side note: have you taken a look at the Terms and Conditions of your credit card? You mentioned you got the Citi AA card "recently." If I recall, some of the perqs of the card are only valid after the account has been open for a certain number of days/weeks.)
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by milaohu
Amex depends, Amex Platinum has the 10%, the non-platinum version does not.

Is there really an AA Amex Platinum? Don't see it here:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/co...e-credit-cards
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:56 pm

If I downgrade my AA Visa Plat to an AA Bronze will I still get the 10% feature?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:20 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by compddd
If I downgrade my AA Visa Plat to an AA Bronze will I still get the 10% feature?
If so, it would be listed on the Citi website. I took a look at the link a few posts above, but didn't see a AA Bronze card. (Tried to look across all Citi cards and didn't see anything called "bronze" either.)
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:28 pm

The Bronze is available to downgrade any Citi AA card to, it has no AF. It might be available only by calling though.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Tough to get rebate

I "cashed in" 100,000 miles June 1 with trip concluding June 10. Still waiting for the 10% miles (10,000) to be returned to my account. AAdvantage say its a Citibank MasterCard issue. Have called Citibank twice. First time: "Sorry, there is a problem at American. You should have miles posted in 5 biz days." Two weeks later: "Sorry, everything has been cleared, but problem at American Aadvantage. You should have your miles posted the next time your account is updated next month."

Should getting a rebate be this complicated???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.