Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-LHR-FCO advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM
ORD-LHR-FCO advice

I am flying Chicago-London on AA and then LHR to Rome on BA. Can I check my luggage all the way through to Rome without having to claim it at LHR?
Also, I have 4 hours in LHR. Is the best place to hang out the BA lounge in Terminal 5?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:48 am

We flew MIA-LHR-FCO using the same carriers as you. Our luggage was checked through to FCO.

We hung out in the BA lounge in that terminal...it was nice. Lots of places to stretch out and catch a nap!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM
THANKS
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
Originally Posted by twiggers
We flew MIA-LHR-FCO using the same carriers as you. Our luggage was checked through to FCO.

We hung out in the BA lounge in that terminal...it was nice. Lots of places to stretch out and catch a nap!
+1. Had the same experience.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by ChicagoAA
I am flying Chicago-London on AA and then LHR to Rome on BA. Can I check my luggage all the way through to Rome without having to claim it at LHR?
Also, I have 4 hours in LHR. Is the best place to hang out the BA lounge in Terminal 5?

Baggage thru-checking is all part of OW.

Your AA flight will arrive at LHR T3 and the BA operated FCO flight will depart T5, flight connections at LHR shouldnt be too bad, but if you could change things arround to fly the BA service into LHR it would mean a T5 to T5 transfer which would be much easier.

The LHR BA Galleries lounges are really good, good runway views, good food and drinks available.

cs
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Avis First
You should definitely check the First Class lounge at the south of LHR T5 - the best airport lounge I have ever been.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.