Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

BOSEQ: DEQM DFW-BOS / Dallas Fort Worth - Boston, Apr 3 - Jun 30, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOSEQ: DEQM DFW-BOS / Dallas Fort Worth - Boston, Apr 3 - Jun 30, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Was trying to find some good SEA-DFW-BOS itineraries with the Flt 1230 red-eye out of SEA but nothing good on weekends during the promo period. Guess its not that bad since this is only EQM (no RDM bonus) and I'm already going to be over 100k EQM after my next trip in 2 weeks. I'm just a slave to the miles acquisition
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by mikelat
Was trying to find some good SEA-DFW-BOS itineraries with the Flt 1230 red-eye out of SEA but nothing good on weekends during the promo period. Guess its not that bad since this is only EQM (no RDM bonus) and I'm already going to be over 100k EQM after my next trip in 2 weeks. I'm just a slave to the miles acquisition
I took 1230 on Wednesday connecting to BOS. Those midcon redeyes are hell at 35k feet.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
I took 1230 on Wednesday connecting to BOS. Those midcon redeyes are hell at 35k feet.
Totally agree - have one coming up next week and not looking forward to it. All my UGs cleared except the redeye at the window so now I'm just trusting that my EXP will come through.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
If I CFC to a DFW connection to BOS will I get DEQM?

I've got to go back to BOS again later in the month, but we're required to book the ticket at lowest fare which was through ORD.

Anyone know if I CFC and/or standby to a routing through DFW on the day of departure can I get DEQM for this changed SEA-DFW-BOS too? or will it still show as "ticketed" for SEA-ORD-BOS for the purposes of this promo?

I'm willing to pay $75 out of pocket to earn DEQM in this case since the ticket cost is all biz.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
This is no doubt stating the obvious, but be sure to take aadvantage of several discount codes for BOS in the Promo/ discount code requests thread. (In the first post)
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
Totally agree - have one coming up next week and not looking forward to it. All my UGs cleared except the redeye at the window so now I'm just trusting that my EXP will come through.
I acutally like that Flt 1230, although it does typically get delayed a bit due to incoming aircraft. I book 1230 frequently since it means I can get in a full day of work and then head out that night while still getting to Texas or the East coast at at decent time. But I'm able to catch a bit of sleep on it and I've not missed an upgrade on it in over 3 years. There was one I was going to miss but they asked for volunteers for a $300 voucher. I got in line for that but the guy in front of my was all they needed. Just happened that he had been in F and they moved me up as a result of his VDB.

If this were double RDM I'd consider it just to bump up more miles, but only DEQM doesn't help when I'm already at 92k YTD and the Elite Bonus is based on EQP and not EQM. As it is, I'm debating whether to go for status/match on UA just to get more flight & redemption options.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
I acutally like that Flt 1230, although it does typically get delayed a bit due to incoming aircraft. I book 1230 frequently since it means I can get in a full day of work and then head out that night while still getting to Texas or the East coast at at decent time. But I'm able to catch a bit of sleep on it and I've not missed an upgrade on it in over 3 years. There was one I was going to miss but they asked for volunteers for a $300 voucher. I got in line for that but the guy in front of my was all they needed. Just happened that he had been in F and they moved me up as a result of his VDB.

If this were double RDM I'd consider it just to bump up more miles, but only DEQM doesn't help when I'm already at 92k YTD and the Elite Bonus is based on EQP and not EQM. As it is, I'm debating whether to go for status/match on UA just to get more flight & redemption options.
Agree it is a good flight for productivity, but I'd prefer to be on a full transcon where I can actually get 4.5 hrs rest and feel pretty decent the next day.

On the same page that double RDM would be nice, but wrapping DEQM into some planned travel makes the EQM bonus a great benefit.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Biblioman1
This is no doubt stating the obvious, but be sure to take aadvantage of several discount codes for BOS in the Promo/ discount code requests thread. (In the first post)
^

Just booked a one-day turn BOS-DFW-SFO. $301ai using the 8% promo code. 12,104EQM (BOSEQ & DEQ11). That's 2.5cpm. What a deal!

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
Agree it is a good flight for productivity, but I'd prefer to be on a full transcon where I can actually get 4.5 hrs rest and feel pretty decent the next day.

On the same page that double RDM would be nice, but wrapping DEQM into some planned travel makes the EQM bonus a great benefit.
Personally, I find the 12:30am flight great for mileage running on weekends (don't know how many bonus EQM's that flight has given me over the past year), but for productivity, I much prefer the SFO-JFK redeye connecting to the 8:15am-ish flight to BOS, or the SFO-ORD redeye connecting to a 6:30am-ish flight to BOS. Both get me into BOS by 9/9:30am, whereas the connection thru DFW gets me into BOS at 11am at the earliest.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Did I do the math right? JFK-BOS-DFW-SFO-DFW-BOS-JFK is 10,154 EQMs using this promo? 500+1558*2+1461+1461+1558*2+500

Bummed I don't get to use DEQ11 with my rents living in CA but not worth the risk. $456 a.i. ($328 if I cut out the JFK-BOS R/T but I wanted to splurge on an extra $50 and not get stuck on a 6hr bus). Not including the promo/discount.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by AAsigman
Did I do the math right? JFK-BOS-DFW-SFO-DFW-BOS-JFK is 10,154 EQMs using this promo? 500+1558*2+1461+1461+1558*2+500

Bummed I don't get to use DEQ11 with my rents living in CA but not worth the risk. $456 a.i. ($328 if I cut out the JFK-BOS R/T but I wanted to splurge on an extra $50 and not get stuck on a 6hr bus). Not including the promo/discount.
Your math looks right, although to be precise, AA calculates BOS-DFW as 1562 miles and DFW-SFO as 1464 miles, so your total is slightly low. You can probably tell I've done way too many of these runs.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Your math looks right, although to be precise, AA calculates BOS-DFW as 1562 miles and DFW-SFO as 1464 miles, so your total is slightly low. You can probably tell I've done way too many of these runs.
totally apparent
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold
Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage® offer is valid on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights for round-trip travel between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Boston (BOS), April 3, 2012, through June 30, 2012. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on published fare tickets. Registration prior to travel is required. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. Reservation must be booked on or after April 3, 2012, to be eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Double elite qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible miles, elite qualifying points or segments. Bonus elite qualifying miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.

Apologies in advance for a 'silly question' but can you only qualify once for the EQM over the period of the offer, or can you qualify for multiple trips?

Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by stevej0531
Apologies in advance for a 'silly question' but can you only qualify once for the EQM over the period of the offer, or can you qualify for multiple trips?

Thank you in advance.
As many trips as you can bear
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by stevej0531
Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage® offer is valid on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights for round-trip travel between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Boston (BOS), April 3, 2012, through June 30, 2012. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on published fare tickets. Registration prior to travel is required. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. Reservation must be booked on or after April 3, 2012, to be eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Double elite qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible miles, elite qualifying points or segments. Bonus elite qualifying miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.

Thank you in advance.
The T&C's just say that you can't book more than one round trip per reservation. However, you can book as many reservations as you want, and you will receive DEQM's for each BOS-DFW/DFW-BOS round trip. This is how all the previous DEQM promotions have worked as well.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Science Goy
As many trips as you can bear
+1 and welcome to FT stevej0531!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.