Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I received a letter in the mail today detailing that I would get the new perks with my card. I would say watch your mailbox to see hat you receive.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:57 am

also got the letter.
Originally Posted by wrp96
I received a letter in the mail today detailing that I would get the new perks with my card. I would say watch your mailbox to see hat you receive.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Any miles back for paying for Admiral's Club with miles?

"Earn 10% Back on Your Redeemed American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles"

I want to pay for my Admirals Club renewal with miles. I don't suppose there is any way to get the 10% miles back since a credit card (Visa Signature)
can't be part of the transaction?

Thanks for any comments!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by paradocs

I want to pay for my Admirals Club renewal with miles. I don't suppose there is any way to get the 10% miles back since a credit card (Visa Signature)
can't be part of the transaction?

Thanks for any comments!
I asked earlier here and the American Airlines rep said you do not have to pay taxes/fees with your Citi card to get the 10% back.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
Got the same thing as well ~
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nall
If I have an AAnytime award ticket booked for a family member (and the cabin is far from full) and a qualifying Citi card, any reason to not cancel and immediately re-book it?
I modified a reward ticket which was re-ticketed under a new PNR on April 2. It would be nice to get the 10% miles back, but I doubt it will happen since the miles were debited previously. Unfortunately I can't risk canceling since it's a MileSAAver.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Doesn't take effect until 6/27/2012. Just redeemed 170k miles.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by blakepilot
Where does it say it takes effect 6/27?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:25 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Partner and hotel redemptions ?

This is certainly a great development. It does specify on which redemptions the 10% rebate can be earned. What about the partner or hotel awards ? Will those qualify ?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by nall
I asked earlier here and the American Airlines rep said you do not have to pay taxes/fees with your Citi card to get the 10% back.
Thank you Nall! So, in other words the AA computers keep track of the fact that we have the credit card. Somehow they have programmed it so that when we redeem miles there is an automatic trigger that initiates the refund?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:42 pm
Original Member

I sure didn't read that anywhere. I hope it's not true! Anyone have a link, please?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
I sure didn't read that anywhere. I hope it's not true! Anyone have a link, please?
That's what was on my letter. Said very clearly in a box on the bottom of the first page that 'these changes takes effect on June 27, 2012.' I would scan it, but I already fed it to the shredder. I think they're federally required to give you notice of any change in the terms, even if it's an added benefit. Also gave an 800 number to call if you wanted to protest the change in terms.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:03 pm
Original Member

That's what was on my letter. Said very clearly in a box on the bottom of the first page that 'these changes takes effect on June 27, 2012.' I would scan it, but I already fed it to the shredder. I think they're federally required to give you notice of any change in the terms, even if it's an added benefit. Also gave an 800 number to call if you wanted to protest the change in terms.
Thanks for the explanation! I also redeemed 200K last week. My husband was going to redeem the 80K for our club membership. You are right:
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:15 pm

I applied just before the new benefits, but I am going to get them (yay!). I'm excited about the 10% back.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:23 pm

I don't think that is what the June date means; I think the date refers to the change date for the annual fee. I believe the new features are effective now for tickets purchased on or after April 2nd.

Does yours say "these changes" or "this change"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.