Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search engine for lowest award travel flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Search engine for lowest award travel flights

Does anyone know if there is a search engine or alternate way of finding the cheapest rewards flights to various locations around the world? I know with kayak you can search in a given month for cheapest flight from a certain location. I just have some points I would like to use and don't know where I want to go...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:02 am

In general, award flights are constant enough that such a tool would be mostly unnecessary. The award chart http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/f...ward-chart.jsp should give you the basics. At the bottom is the list of places you can fly to at the cheap "off-peak" rates.

The only things left to see is whether or not you can find any MilesAAver awards to those places.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:28 am

One resource that you may find helpful is the AA Hotspot:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/hotSpots/main.jsp

It lists destinations where low-level saver mileage awards should be plentiful for the next 3 months. Of course, since you don't have any particular destination requirement, you can also just do a bunch of award searches and see which route comes up with the best availability for your dates.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'd recommend a look at the brand spankin' new Travel Tools Forum.

One tool that some seem to like is Award Nexus, and it is essentially free to FlyerTalkers. Thread and Tool.

That Forum goes significantly beyond AA, but if you are using AAdvantage Miles, those are usable on oneworld and airline partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.