Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DFLGA: 26 Mar to 30 Jun DEQM for flights between DFW and LGA [targeted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFLGA: 26 Mar to 30 Jun DEQM for flights between DFW and LGA [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Classic post
Originally Posted by Science Goy
I propose a pre-emptive FAQ.

I got the email and registered. Do I get bonus EQM and RDM?
Just bonus EQM. No RDM.

Sweet, I'll finish my Platinum Challenge in half the time!
Hold your horses there, sport. This only gives you extra EQ miles, not points.

I didn't get the invitation email. Can I register?
You can go through the motions of registering, but you probably won't get the bonus miles.

What do you mean, "probably?"
Once in a while AA will screw up and give bonuses to ineligible registrants, but they've been pretty good about not doing that lately.

But I got a confirmation email, even though I was never invited to register!
Doesn't matter.

Should I call AA and ask if I'll get the bonus anyway?
You can call, but the answer will be "no."

I called and they said I wasn't eligible. Should I try calling again?
There's no law against wasting AA's time, I guess.

It looks like I'm ineligible. This is so unfair! No wonder AA is bankrupt!
You poor thing.

What about LGA-xxx-DFW-xxx-LGA?
No!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I was expecting that AA's LGA-DFW fares would be cheaper after DL's LGA expansion from March 25th.
I just checked LGA-DFW fares in April and it looked DL didn't bring any price competition there
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:32 pm

There's a lot of vitriol here (certainly understandable given past experiences). I think a good point was brought up that it was on the public page even though it was not a public offer. Along those lines I see that it's been taken down. Anybody else get an email? And am I wrong in assuming that this is mainly targeted at NYC based persons, knowing that AA can continue to treat DFW based pax like myself who fly this route like crap?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by LoneStarSteeler
And am I wrong in assuming that this is mainly targeted at NYC based persons, knowing that AA can continue to treat DFW based pax like myself who fly this route like crap?
"Like crap?" Um... you do realize you qualify for a far more extensive DEQM promo right now, don't you?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
There's a lot of vitriol here (certainly understandable given past experiences). I think a good point was brought up that it was on the public page even though it was not a public offer. Along those lines I see that it's been taken down. Anybody else get an email? And am I wrong in assuming that this is mainly targeted at NYC based persons, knowing that AA can continue to treat DFW based pax like myself who fly this route like crap?
Point of distinction: There's a lot of FAWing here ...

And just out of curiosity, how does one fly a route "like crap"? Does one have to spend all of one's airtime in the lav in order to accomplish this?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:47 pm

Ah, forgive my grammar gentlemen. @ScienceGoy - yeah, except this is one of only two routes I've been flying the past three months (DFW-LHR being the other. +1 on your original post too BTW. @2millionquest - been paying between $1200 to $1500 a week to fly the route to be treated to middle seats and being told there's no food left as an EXP. Not exactly tip top service. Hence my displeasure.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:01 pm

@ScienceGoy - yeah, except this is one of only two routes I've been flying the past three months (DFW-LHR being the other.
What's the problem? You could connect in LAX to get to both JFK and LHR. And you call yourself a Flyertalker
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
And just out of curiosity, how does one fly a route "like crap"? Does one have to spend all of one's airtime in the lav in order to accomplish this?
Did you ever see the bathroom scene in the movie "Hall Pass"? THAT is how crap flies!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
I just wish we didn't have to wait "6-8 weeks" to see if we get the points - because whether I get double points actually influences my weekly buying decision. I'm trying to use DL for my primary status this year and was thrilled when they came into the LGADFW market, but a DEQM promo would shift me to AA. Too bad AA didn't send me the email so I'd know definitively - it would have been a lucrative decision for them, as I fly the route twice a week.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
Too bad AA didn't send me the email so I'd know definitively
If you didn't get the email, then you do know definitively.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Ay, caramba. I'm already tired of this thread and it's only just begun
And yet, you seem to be one of the most, if not the most active poster in this thread. You must not be that tired...

Regards
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:31 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Exclamation Eligible Routings

Our friends at AmericanAirlines have just confirmed for us that the following routing rules apply to DFLGA ^:

LGA-DFW-LAX-DFW-LGA (roundtrip between LGA-LAX) - ELIGIBLE

LGA-DFW-LAX-DFW-MIA (open jaw with only one LGA-DFW segment) - INELIGIBLE

LAX-DFW-LGA-DFW-SFO (open jaw with two LGA-DFW segments) - ELIGIBLE

So, as with related previous promotions, endpoints need not be LGA-DFW, but that segment must be included in both directions. Also, as stated in the T&C, open jaw itineraries are eligible, again, as long as the LGA-DFW segment is included in both directions.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I was expecting that AA's LGA-DFW fares would be cheaper after DL's LGA expansion from March 25th.
I just checked LGA-DFW fares in April and it looked DL didn't bring any price competition there
I think AA is learning they don't need to reduce prices to increase ticket sales. Throwing some DEQMs and the such (especially early in the year) to their elites and elite-wanna-bes will get them $s they would not have gotten otherwise.

I'll admint I fell for it to, however, I waited until January to do my MRs so status runs through all of 2013!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:31 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
This just popped up in Dealfinder:

Airline:
American Airlines

Award:
Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles

Bonus Code:
DFLGA
Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below

Dates:
Book your trip and fly between March 26, 2012, and June 30, 2012

Offer:
Exclusive offer for select AAdvantage members. Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer! Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Dallas/Fort Worth and New York/LaGuardia from March 26, 2012, through June 30, 2012. You'll earn double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Register for this special offer prior to travel to qualify, by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members who receive this email directly from American Airlines.

Terms and Conditions:
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members who receive this email directly from American Airlines. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and New York/LaGuardia (LGA) from March 26, 2012, through June 30, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after March 26, 2012, to be eligible. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments nor does it add to the member's prize eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and New York/LaGuardia. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...S&fromRSS=true

It says it's targeted only to those who have received an e-mail directly from AA, but what about notification through Dealfinder? No idea how that works.

Tried pricing a couple of itins ORD-DFW-LGA-DFW-ORD and the prices are astronomical at the moment. Couldn't find a same-day turn, either.

Ah, well.

ETA: I realize I made a typo in the title. I have asked mods to fix.
This offer is only available to select targeted customers. The marketing page was accidentally pushed ‘live’ for a short period of time to all members, which is why it may have appeared through DealFinder. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that was caused by this.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by dstan
Our friends at AmericanAirlines have just confirmed for us that the following routing rules apply to DFLGA ^:

LGA-DFW-LAX-DFW-LGA (roundtrip between LGA-LAX) - ELIGIBLE

LGA-DFW-LAX-DFW-MIA (open jaw with only one LGA-DFW segment) - INELIGIBLE

LAX-DFW-LGA-DFW-SFO (open jaw with two LGA-DFW segments) - ELIGIBLE

So, as with related previous promotions, endpoints need not be LGA-DFW, but that segment must be included in both directions. Also, as stated in the T&C, open jaw itineraries are eligible, again, as long as the LGA-DFW segment is included in both directions.
^

Thank you for providing that information ! I fly to a number of other cities through DFW and this will accelerate push for EXP for another 12 months.

I also see the post above from the AA rep clarifies the issue of eligibility (thanks!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.