Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DFLGA: 26 Mar to 30 Jun DEQM for flights between DFW and LGA [targeted]

DFLGA: 26 Mar to 30 Jun DEQM for flights between DFW and LGA [targeted]

Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
Don't forget these other questions for the FAQ...

1. My husband / wife / SO / child / dog received the email and they have no status but I did not. WHY?

2. When will my miles post? It has been at least 90 minutes since my flight was complete.

3. How long will my status last?

4. Where is the link on aa.com?

5. Where is LGA?

6. I see that DFW - LGA - DFW works, will LGA - DFW - LGA?

7. If my return leg is after June 30, will I still get credit?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by ulzimates
I didn't get the email but the offer is there under "Travel Deals" - "AAdvantage Bonus Offers" on my AA page.

Signed-up, hope it works.
Ditto. I figure if the offer shows up for me on that page I must be eligible. If not, that seems like a crazy bug in the site.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
Don't forget these other questions for the FAQ...
Indeed. And, of course:

"DFW-LGA is 1389 miles, double EQM adds 2778, so that's 8334 EQM per roundtrip. I just booked 12 roundtrips to get EXP status for only $x!! Is my math right?"
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
Taliesin,

Is that how you are going to justify it if you don't receive the email?

The offer shows up on the bonus offers page even if you are not logged into your account.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Hence, not stackable...

The only hiccup would be if you tried a direct flight (stopping in DFW) between SFO/LAX/SNA and LGA with a single flight number. That would negate both promos.

Now let's see if they honor it for everyone that registers before they pull it from the web.
Well aware, just tried to explain it as clearly as possible.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by taliesin
Ditto. I figure if the offer shows up for me on that page I must be eligible. If not, that seems like a crazy bug in the site.
The promo website itself says -

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members who receive this email directly from American Airlines.

If it doesn't give you a bonus when it specifically says it won't, how is that a bug by any stretch of the imagination?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Indeed. And, of course:

"DFW-LGA is 1389 miles, double EQM adds 2778, so that's 8334 EQM per roundtrip. I just booked 12 roundtrips to get EXP status for only $x!! Is my math right?"
Would someone truly be AA's least valuable EXP if they were only 8 EQMs over 100,000? Makes me feel better than I should get at least 103,000 EQMs when I hit EXP.

Edit: This is what I get for posting in the middle of an all-nighter, I didn't bother to check your math.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Mar 27, 2012 at 6:17 am
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marrott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 2millionquest

There are plenty of other offers on the site (DEQ11 comes to mind) which are restricted/targeted. Are you suggesting all of them be removed from view? Why? How does being able to view an offer affect one's eligibility/noneligibility?
Difference between restricted and targeted - all the offers are restricted in some way, at least by route or date. DEQ11 by mailing address as well. But targeted offers, i.e. "Only eligible if you got this email" offers, generally do not ever appear on the viewable by everyone AA.com offers webpage, correct?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:26 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by TTopJohn
Difference between restricted and targeted - all the offers are restricted in some way, at least by route or date. DEQ11 by mailing address as well. But targeted offers, i.e. "Only eligible if you got this email" offers, generally do not ever appear on the viewable by everyone AA.com offers webpage, correct?
I tend to agree. Most of the time I do not get emails of promos from AA. I usually learn about them from FT.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
We live in NY and did not get email for this offer. Wondering how AA set up their target group.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by TTopJohn
My guess is that AA is fed up with people complaining that they can't get through to the EXP desk (or to the gold desk, once they find out there is no "Plat Desk") to find out why their two one-way flights (Why isn't that a roundtrip?) haven't posted with double EQM's, because all of the agents are busy answering questions about targeted promos for which non-targeted people have gotten confirmation emails.

At least with it being explicit in the body of the offer, the agents don't have to spend as much time looking for confirmation that said people are not in fact covered. (Did I catch enough FAW's in one post?)
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:17 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
We live in NY and did not get email for this offer. Wondering how AA set up their target group.
Suggestion for FAQ addition:

I live in XYZ and did not get the offer. Does anyone know know how they decide who gets targeted?

No one here knows. Probably no one at AA knows. And even if someone did know, they wouldn't post it here, even if they did read this thread.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Suggestion for FAQ addition:

I live in XYZ and did not get the offer. Does anyone know know how they decide who gets targeted?

No one here knows. Probably no one at AA knows. And even if someone did know, they wouldn't post it here, even if they did read this thread.

Cheers.
Good input for a FAQ!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
I would just like to say... The FAQ while in jest is a really good idea. 99% of the questions are the same over and over with every DEQM promtions.

So, it would probably be good to create a standard FAQ for DEQM promotions that one of our nice mods can add to the start of each of these threads.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Would someone truly be AA's least valuable EXP if they were only 8 EQMs over 100,000? Makes me feel better than I should get at least 103,000 EQMs when I hit EXP.

Edit: This is what I get for posting in the middle of an all-nighter, I didn't bother to check your math.
You actually would get 100,008 EQM in 18 roundtrips on this route with the promo. I wonder if this is the smallest margin by which you can make EXP by EQM on a single route, or is there a route that's an integral factor of 100K?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.