FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1328727-oneworld-aa-explorer-award-aa-miles-discuss-questions-ended-8-apr-2014-a.html)

Sagy Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by obscuredolfin (Post 17865158)
Thanks for your advice, all! I am now working on building a routing of available flights... Two quick questions/clarifications:

1) Just to confirm, if I route through HKG but then fly directly to BKK (under 6 hours, so a connection, and not a stopover), this still counts as a segment against my 16, correct?

2) I found a listing of the first class flights available on oneworld carriers on FT, but not one for business class. Is it safe to assume that business class exists on all the flights that I'm looking at and that I just need to cross my fingers for actual availability? Or, are there flights that don't have business class that I should try to avoid to get the best flying experience/value of my ticket?

Thank you!!
Christie

1) Yes, but if you can find one with the same flight number (XXX-HKG-BKK) it will count as only one segment.

2) Almost all have J, but for many short haul flights, especially in Europe, it is not much different from Y.

savekenny Jan 22, 2012 3:48 pm

SFO-DEL using AA miles on CX

[moved]

attart Jan 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Seat in BA Club World with ticket purchased with AA miles

"BA is less so simply because BA would not allow you select seat unless you have OW status."

Does this mean that I cannot get assigned seats until 24 hours before my flight even if I pay the seat purchase fee??

If I cannot, what are the chances I will sit next to my husband whose ticket was purchased through his firm (and already has been assigned a seat)?

Is there a way to call BA and have them note that we are a couple?

How do I know whether I booked my San Diego- LHR flight in "one world" and not "all-partner"?

Where would I find my ticket number?

Thank you so much for your help.

Austinrunner Jan 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by attart (Post 17871812)
How do I know whether I booked my San Diego- LHR flight in "one world" and not "all-partner"?

Where would I find my ticket number?

If your itinerary consists of only one airline or only one flight, then it's definitely "all-partner."

Your ticket number is in the ticketing email from AA.

This is not the right thread to ask about seating. You can ask about BA's seating policies in the BA forum.

sweetz_21_83 Jan 25, 2012 9:47 am

I currently have this itinerary on hold.

ELP-ORD-AMM-CAI (RJ), CAI-AMM-IST(RJ), IST-MAD-ORD-ELP(IB)

The agent said I need to call back by Saturday to ticket, so I assume the routing and everything is ok. It will be 130,000 AA miles for Business class. This seems like a good value to me, what do you think?

My question is, has anyone been to Amman, should I build in a stopover there? If so how many days would you recommend?

For instance:

ELP-ORD-AMM-CAI, CAI-AMM, AMM-IST, IST-MAD-ORD-ELP

geo1005 Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am

Ok, can someone confirm my math/miles here:

BA,IAD-LHR,<stopover> BA,LHR-MUC,<stopover> IB,MUC-MAD <stopover) AA,MAD-JFK-DCA

Comes to ~8977 miles all in. So this is 80,000 AA miles in Business Class?

Austinrunner Jan 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83 (Post 17884450)
My question is, has anyone been to Amman, should I build in a stopover there? If so how many days would you recommend?

This isn't the right forum to request sightseeing advice.

Austinrunner Jan 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005 (Post 17885124)
Ok, can someone confirm my math/miles here:

BA,IAD-LHR,<stopover> BA,LHR-MUC,<stopover> IB,MUC-MAD <stopover) AA,MAD-JFK-DCA

Comes to ~8977 miles all in. So this is 80,000 AA miles in Business Class?

The first post in this thread has the information you need.

BrewerSEA Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83 (Post 17884450)

I spent five days in Jordan this past summer and loved it. Depending on your schedule you could do anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. If you decide to make a stopover in Jordan you absolutely must make your way to Wadi Musa to see Petra.

pandaperth Jan 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA (Post 17885762)
I spent five days in Jordan this past summer and loved it. Depending on your schedule you could do anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. If you decide to make a stopover in Jordan you absolutely must make your way to Wadi Musa to see Petra.

Totally agree, and would add Al Karak (Crusader castle), Jerash (Roman ruins) and the Dead Sea

And since you're flying RJ - check out its web site, it has some tours/accommodation deals that look good
(Not that I used them - we just rented a car from AMM airport and took off to the see the sights:D)

sweetz_21_83 Jan 26, 2012 9:09 am

Changing routing after flight is ticketed

I had an agent tell me today that I could change the connecting cities on a ticketed reservation as long as the origination and destination cities were the same. Based on what I have read here and from other agents this is wrong correct?

Austinrunner Jan 26, 2012 2:50 pm

If you have a ticketed oneworld award using AA miles, then the agent is incorrect.

sweetz_21_83 Jan 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner (Post 17893237)
If you have a ticketed oneworld award using AA miles, then the agent is incorrect.

I currently have the reservation on hold but I don't like one connection but she's saying not to worry I can change it anytime before the start of travel and I said the other agent had told me otherwise but she insisted I could.

Austinrunner Jan 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Which KIND of reservation? A oneworld award or an all-partner award? The rules are different for each type of award.

sweetz_21_83 Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner (Post 17893714)
Which KIND of reservation? A oneworld award or an all-partner award? The rules are different for each type of award.

One world