Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Oneworld Inventory Not Matching Phone Agent's Inventory

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Qantas Oneworld Inventory Not Matching Phone Agent's Inventory

Hello everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue right now and I was wondering if there is anyone from the community who could help me out. Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide useful information, I really appreciate it.

So I found an economy seat from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles on LAN airlines by using the Qantas website, however, when I called AA on the phone to book that specific LAN flight, they told me that it was showing up as having no availability. Is there any possibility that they are not handling it correctly, and if so, is there anything I can do.

I really cannot believe that AA has not gotten with the times and allowed us to book partner airlines, it is so frustrating and stupid to have to call in every single time you want to book.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by luigi1988
Hello everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue right now and I was wondering if there is anyone from the community who could help me out. Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide useful information, I really appreciate it.

So I found an economy seat from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles on LAN airlines by using the Qantas website, however, when I called AA on the phone to book that specific LAN flight, they told me that it was showing up as having no availability. Is there any possibility that they are not handling it correctly, and if so, is there anything I can do.

I really cannot believe that AA has not gotten with the times and allowed us to book partner airlines, it is so frustrating and stupid to have to call in every single time you want to book.
It can happen.
Try ba.com, do you still see the same flight available?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca
It can happen.
Try ba.com, do you still see the same flight available?
I don't see the flight through BA's website, but I'm also not sure that they can pull up LAN inventory.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by luigi1988
I don't see the flight through BA's website, but I'm also not sure that they can pull up LAN inventory.
BA does show LAN flights. I do it all the time.

I have found discrepancies before between Qantas website and AA phone rep. I have been more lucky with BA.com which seems to reflect more accurately the inventory AA has.

What are the dates?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Well I have my outbound flight set I'm just trying to find a way to get back to San Francisco from Buenos Aires on August the 18th. I did find a way to get from Buenos Aires, to Santiago, to Los Angeles on the 18th but the rep I spoke with on the phone doesn't see it as available despite it showing up on the Qantas website.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Ask the agent to look for LA 4642 (EZE -> SCL) followed by LA 600 (SCL -> LAX).

LA can be difficult to book because of system problems between LA and AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.