Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC to IST - AA and OW - Best Routing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

NYC to IST - AA and OW - Best Routing?

Having some trouble finding a decent AA / OW routing into IST for an upcoming trip from NYC. Is the best way to go via LHR and then jump on BA? Any other options people can think of? the LHR option adds a bunch of time - also seems there are no late afternoon IST departures on the way back. Looking for early May. Wish AA still had its BUD service and I could just buy a ticket in from there.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
You can connect in MAD and fly Iberia to IST. Air Berlin may be another option connecting in DUS.

Last edited by Time traveller; Mar 19, 2012 at 5:10 pm
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CityFlyerNYC
Having some trouble finding a decent AA / OW routing into IST for an upcoming trip from NYC. Is the best way to go via LHR and then jump on BA? Any other options people can think of? the LHR option adds a bunch of time - also seems there are no late afternoon IST departures on the way back. Looking for early May. Wish AA still had its BUD service and I could just buy a ticket in from there.
If you are flying on a paid J ticket, RJ offers the routing in terms of having a flat bed seat for the largest part of the journey.

That said, if you are flying paid J and are up for accumulating *A miles, TK J class is outstanding - great seat, IFE and excellent meal service by Do & Co. FAs are hit and miss, but nothing different from AA.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
If you are flying on a paid J ticket, RJ offers the routing in terms of having a flat bed seat for the largest part of the journey.
Given my preference for keeping my long flights long and then the short hops short, I too would suggest RJ via Amman (that it has the added benefit of avoiding LHR is only a bonus)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Sadly since the partnership with THY ended (when they signed with *A) there isn't a great routing on AA/OW. Now I collect US miles (when they are running a good bonus - like now) for JFK-IST redemption on Turkish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.