Search

Award travel ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Award travel ??

After doing some searching and reading I found the rules that apply to fees on award travel. See: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...#changeTickets
Now I want to clarify a couple points before I go ahead and book:
1. It says as long as my origin & destination don't change, and it's 21 days or more out, there is no fee for changing the date and/or flight. It doesn't mention connecting flts. so I'm guessing it doesn't matter how many you have as long as they are on AA or partners. So if my original rez. is OGG-LAX-BOI and I change to OGG-SAN-PDX-BOI I'll not owe any fees. Right? These will be on AA &/or AS.

2. How long will aa.com allow me to hold an award itin. before I book it? Five days rings a bell but I've seen conflicting stories.

Thanks.

[This was supposed to be in the newbie lounge. Feel free to it.]
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Originally Posted by philemer
After doing some searching and reading I found the rules that apply to fees on award travel. See: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...#changeTickets
Now I want to clarify a couple points before I go ahead and book:
1. It says as long as my origin & destination don't change, and it's 21 days or more out, there is no fee for changing the date and/or flight. It doesn't mention connecting flts. so I'm guessing it doesn't matter how many you have as long as they are on AA or partners. So if my original rez. is OGG-LAX-BOI and I change to OGG-SAN-PDX-BOI I'll not owe any fees. Right? These will be on AA &/or AS.

2. How long will aa.com allow me to hold an award itin. before I book it? Five days rings a bell but I've seen conflicting stories.

Thanks.

[This was supposed to be in the newbie lounge. Feel free to it.]
1. as long as the flight of your interest is still available for the class of your award.

2. 6 days, but watch out for the 21 days rule if your departure is close.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by travelsg
1. as long as the flight of your interest is still available for the class of your award.
That's the tricky part. Always a crap shoot. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.