Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Offer: 15% Discount OR 25% Bonus Miles (NOT Citi)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Email Offer: 15% Discount OR 25% Bonus Miles (NOT Citi)

Just got this email...I am not a Citi Cardholder:

When you book a trip on AA.com, you already have plenty of choices. Now you have two more. Because when you book your next flight on AA.com, you can choose between two great offers:

* 15% off your next flight
* 25% American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles

Just pick the offer you want, and you'll get a promotion code you can use when you book your next trip. Booking must be completed by April 15, 2012.

{choose offer}

General Offer Terms and Conditions:
Embargo Dates: 3/9/2012‑3/12/2012, 3/16/2012‑3/18/2012, 3/23/2012‑3/25/2012, 4/6/2012‑4/9/2012, 5/25/2012‑5/28/2012. Offer valid only for recipients of this email. When used according to its terms, user will receive one of two promotion codes, 15% discount or 25% extra AAdvantage® bonus miles, for purchasing a published domestic round-trip with a minimum fare of $250.80 including taxes and fees. Promotion requires a 3 day minimum stay beyond what the fare rules require. Offer is valid in conjunction with travel from the US/PR/VI/Canada to any other city served by American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights, when purchased on AA.com between now and 4/15/2012, for travel completed by 6/28/2012. The promotion requires instant purchase and the offer may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. Round-trip travel is defined as travel to and from your American Airlines departure city with no deviations. The promotion code cannot be used for travel on the embargo dates mentioned above. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to four people in the reservation. The 25% bonus will only apply to the traveling member targeted to receive this promotion whereas the 15% discount can be applied to up to four people traveling in the same reservation as the targeted customer. For full terms and conditions about AA.com® promotion codes visit www.aa.com/promotioncode. Travel using this promotion is valid on American Airlines, American Eagle® Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc. or the AmericanConnection® carrier (collectively referred to in this document as "American Airlines").

15% Discount: The 15% discount will be applied to the base fare only, meaning the total fare exclusive of all fares and taxes. That is, the discount would not be applied to fuel surcharges, passenger facility charges, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any or any other government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges.

AAdvantage® Bonus Miles: The 25% bonus miles are calculated at 25% of the base miles earned for the purchased ticket. Bonus miles will be posted within 60 days of last travel date to the AAdvantage account of the traveling member targeted for this promotion. Additional travelers booked in the same reservation will not receive the 25% bonus. AAdvantage bonus miles do not count towards elite status qualification or Million MilerSM status.

In order to receive the bonus miles, you will need to enter the promotion code provided when booking your reservation on AA.com. Simply click on the Book Now link. After entering your flight details, enter your promotion code (at step 9).

This email was sent to [email protected] because you subscribe to AAirmailSM or Net SAAver Fares®.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by American Airlines to lobo411
Promotion requires a 3 day minimum stay beyond what the fare rules require.
Bolded for emphasis.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Currently being discussed in this thread: 10-25% Off Your Next American Airlines Flight! [Targeted Citi card offer]
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt PLT
Originally Posted by gemac
Perhaps a different promo considering OP isn't a Citicard holder and the promo offers a choice between a $$$ discount and a RDM mileage bump?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:21 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Did a quick compare/contrast of the two threads and T&Cs. I do think this does look to be a different promo. The blackout dates are the same, but the language in the T&C are indeed different and have different restrictions and minimum purchase requirements. Let's keep these two threads separate for now and re-assess if we get more info. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JY1024
Did a quick compare/contrast of the two threads and T&Cs. I do think this does look to be a different promo. The blackout dates are the same, but the language in the T&C are indeed different and have different restrictions and minimum purchase requirements. Let's keep these two threads separate for now and re-assess if we get more info. Thanks! /Moderator
That said, where's mine dang it. I didn't get the Citi offer and now I will probably get left off of this one.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
When I said that this was currently being discussed in the other thread, I meant by that that this exact offer is currently being discussed in the other thread, because the OP of this thread posted what is post #1 in this thread in the other thread before starting this thread. There is an ongoing discussion of this exact offer there as well as here.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA
I got the second offer too. It is definitely different from the previous one.

Does anyone know if 15% fare discount offer is applicable to international travels?

"...for purchasing a published domestic round-trip with a minimum fare of $250.80 including taxes and fees..." appears to be applicable to domestic travels only

".. Offer is valid in conjunction with travel from the US/PR/VI/Canada to any other city served by American Airlines.." appears to be applicable to any trip originating from US/PR/VI/Canada
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
15% off next flight or 25% bonus miles

I just received an email that offers me either "15% off your next flight" or "25% American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles" (I can only choose on of them). The general offer terms and conditions are as follows. Anyone also got it? Which one is better, by the way?

General Offer Terms and Conditions:
Embargo Dates: 3/9/2012‑3/12/2012, 3/16/2012‑3/18/2012, 3/23/2012‑3/25/2012, 4/6/2012‑4/9/2012, 5/25/2012‑5/28/2012. Offer valid only for recipients of this email. When used according to its terms, user will receive one of two promotion codes, 15% discount or 25% extra AAdvantage® bonus miles, for purchasing a published domestic round-trip with a minimum fare of $250.80 including taxes and fees. Promotion requires a 3 day minimum stay beyond what the fare rules require. Offer is valid in conjunction with travel from the US/PR/VI/Canada to any other city served by American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights, when purchased on AA.com between now and 4/15/2012, for travel completed by 6/28/2012. The promotion requires instant purchase and the offer may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. Round-trip travel is defined as travel to and from your American Airlines departure city with no deviations. The promotion code cannot be used for travel on the embargo dates mentioned above. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to four people in the reservation. The 25% bonus will only apply to the traveling member targeted to receive this promotion whereas the 15% discount can be applied to up to four people traveling in the same reservation as the targeted customer. For full terms and conditions about AA.com® promotion codes visit www.aa.com/promotioncode. Travel using this promotion is valid on American Airlines, American Eagle® Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc. or the AmericanConnection® carrier (collectively referred to in this document as "American Airlines").

15% Discount: The 15% discount will be applied to the base fare only, meaning the total fare exclusive of all fares and taxes. That is, the discount would not be applied to fuel surcharges, passenger facility charges, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any or any other government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges.

AAdvantage® Bonus Miles: The 25% bonus miles are calculated at 25% of the base miles earned for the purchased ticket. Bonus miles will be posted within 60 days of last travel date to the AAdvantage account of the traveling member targeted for this promotion. Additional travelers booked in the same reservation will not receive the 25% bonus. AAdvantage bonus miles do not count towards elite status qualification or Million MilerSM status.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moderators alerted to merge with the ongoing discussion in the other thread.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Moderators alerted to merge with the ongoing discussion in the other thread.
It does not appear to be Citi related.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/travelbo...tle=travelbook
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sukn

That's correct. This is not an offer associated with Citi in any sense.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:05 pm

just got the email as well. i don't have any AA cards and have only flown with them once.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by lobo411
This email was sent to [email protected] because you subscribe to AAirmailSM or Net SAAver Fares®.
Grrrr...I know why I didn't receive this offer.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sukn

Originally Posted by ruoyu
That's correct. This is not an offer associated with Citi in any sense.
Nonetheless, it is being discussed in that thread. OP posted the details in that thread, then decided to crosspost by starting a new thread on this topic. I reported to Moderators that this was being discussed in the other thread, they looked at the other thread, missed that this offer was being discussed in there, and decided to leave this in its own thread. Then when it was pointed out that this exact same offer was being discussed in both threads, they decided to merge this thread into the other thread. Now, because of these comments, moderators have taken them back apart again (for reasons I don't understand) so that we can discuss this offer in both places.

Hey, I don't care where this gets discussed, but it seems counterproductive to have the discussion in two separate threads, with people making the same comments in both, and anybody who wants to find out about this having to comb through two threads. But I certainly don't want to discuss a specific moderator action, so I guess the rule against crossposting is now no longer operative and we'll go with two discussions. I'm getting whiplash from trying to follow this anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.