Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Just a few threads down from yours: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
And if you would be so kind... where does it say how long it typically takes to post?
Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Searched that thread for "how long". Found a couple that look relevant:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ml#post9741569

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11593334
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pkerr
Thanks. Now THAT was a reasonable and helpful post.

And it probably took the same amount of time to post as the unhelpful post did.
You're welcome. Many on FT seem to have gotten out of bed on the wrong side in the mornings. Either that or the secretary's made their coffee incorrectly this morning.

Tick tock - life is too short to be miserable.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT / SPG Gold / National EE / Amex Plat / Visa Infinite / A|Club PLT
Originally Posted by uxb
Write back and let us know what you end up getting.
Received a single $200 voucher which i think is well below what i should have received.
Might take it upstairs via snail mail and see what happens.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:27 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by hobbescene
Received a single $200 voucher which i think is well below what i should have received.
Might take it upstairs via snail mail and see what happens.
That would be my next move. Sorry.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Electrical power not working on a 10+ hour flight MAD-DFW. Too bad for me, since I selected this specific seat to get work done on the long flight. No status at the time.

Compensation was 5,000 miles and an email explaining that they are reconfiguring their planes and I was on one that was not ready yet. I was OK with that, especially since the seat next to me was empty and I ended up sleeping pretty well.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nldogbert
a domestic portion. original routing had 3 segments that cleared. I am hoping at least a return of the SWU and valid until 2013. [it was one that was expiring in Feb2012].
I think you have a good argument for your SWU back, but I wouldn't expect them to extend expiration for another year. How is one more year's use of the SWU related to not being able to use it on this flight? What if it had not cleared in the first place? You'd be in the same position. If they do grant it, that'd be a surprise to me and a very generous gift to you!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:06 am

woRK In progress on the DEQ11 and DEQAA promo credits.
Expected to reflect at the next sweep. had to call couple times cuz they didn't code it right.

Originally Posted by uxb
You got RDM and ORC??? That may be a first.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:25 am
uxb

Originally Posted by kaiotes
woRK In progress on the DEQ11 and DEQAA promo credits.
Expected to reflect at the next sweep. had to call couple times cuz they didn't code it right.
I am just surprised that you got comp miles AND ORC. Usually it is one or the other. Congrats!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
You're welcome. Many on FT seem to have gotten out of bed on the wrong side in the mornings. Either that or the secretary's made their coffee incorrectly this morning.

Tick tock - life is too short to be miserable.
Update:
As suggested, I contacted AA again (using their e-mail form) and let them know it had about almost 2 weeks since stated miles were supposed to be placed in my account. Less than 30 minutes later I received a phone call to let me know they were sorry and would get the posted in within 24 hours.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:03 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pkerr
Update:
As suggested, I contacted AA again (using their e-mail form) and let them know it had about almost 2 weeks since stated miles were supposed to be placed in my account. Less than 30 minutes later I received a phone call to let me know they were sorry and would get the posted in within 24 hours.
Glad you contacted AA again! Sounds like they did drop the ball on your case ID (), but good to see that they contacted you to resolve. ^
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
date 1/24/2012-1-31-2012

What happened
AUS-DFW delayed 69 mins
DFW-LON delayed over 5 hours then cancelled
Lost non-refundable hotel for 650 EUROS in Europe
Lost non-refundable connecting flight on LH on separate ticket $230
Lost important business meeting in LON
Downgraded from J to Y because EXP showed up last minute on DFW-FRA for next day
Charged 100 EUROS by NIKI air for excess luggage (2nd bag) on VIE-FRA feeder flight
Downgraded daughter and wife on AA71 (FRA-DFW) since no two available seats were together in J
Powerport on working on AA71 during the entire flight
DFW-AUS delayed 40 mins
2 bags lost, 1 returned after 3 days, other one not found yet

What do you think is reasonable compensation for this adventure?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:51 am
uxb

Originally Posted by Deltahater
date 1/24/2012-1-31-2012

What happened
AUS-DFW delayed 69 mins
DFW-LON delayed over 5 hours then cancelled
Lost non-refundable hotel for 650 EUROS in Europe
Lost non-refundable connecting flight on LH on separate ticket $230
Lost important business meeting in LON
Downgraded from J to Y because EXP showed up last minute on DFW-FRA for next day
Charged 100 EUROS by NIKI air for excess luggage (2nd bag) on VIE-FRA feeder flight
Downgraded daughter and wife on AA71 (FRA-DFW) since no two available seats were together in J
Powerport on working on AA71 during the entire flight
DFW-AUS delayed 40 mins
2 bags lost, 1 returned after 3 days, other one not found yet

What do you think is reasonable compensation for this adventure?
Sounds like you had a bit of a rough trip w/ AA. You deal with a bunch of issues, so I will try to break it down.

1. In re: DFW > LON, you may be eligible for compensation under EU law because the segment was cancelled. This depends on the reason. If the reason was something other than Wx, then you are eligible. It is up to you to negotiate the compensation under this scheme. Compensation is per pax, and since you will likely be refunded the segment, that should more than offset the cost of your pre-paid arrangements in Europe.

2. It looks like you were reaccomodated on DFW > FRA > DFW. How were you booked for J? Were you using an eVIP? Miles + copay? Award ticket? I have several more questions regarding this, but it depends on how you answer.

3. Was VIE your final destination? If so, then was LH booked LON > FRA > VIE? If so, then okay. If not, then how were you getting to VIE from FRA?

4. You downgraded your wife and daughter to Y from J because no two seats were together? How old is your daughter? Did you sit in J despite this fact? Were you unable to finnagle a single pax into giving up their seat so your wife and daughter could get seated together?

5. Did the lost baggage occur during your trip, or at the end of your trip?

Last edited by uxb; Feb 3, 2012 at 10:05 am
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
How do you guys determine whether to take eVoucher or miles. I was offered 15,000 miles for a a broken TV on a TPAC flight plus a delayed then canceled connecting flight due to mechanical reason. They offered me 15,000 miles or $150 evoucher. What would you choose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.