Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:52 am
Original Poster

A friend of mine received the following e-mail today.

It appears to be a targeted offer but I was able to register (I know that doesn't mean I will receive the bonus). The "required miles" chart wouldn't copy but it was 10,000 base miles for Platinum and 25,000 base miles for EXP:

Dear xxxx xxxxxx,

At American Airlines, we value your business and want to see more
of you. That's why we're offering two exciting promotions, exclusively for you.

First, you can earn double American Airlines AAdvantage® miles on all purchased, published fares for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier between February 8, 2012 and
May 31, 2012.

Second, we're offering you the opportunity to qualify for AAdvantage Platinum® or even AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status at an accelerated rate.

Between February 8, 2012 and May 31, 2012, simply fly the required number of base miles as outlined below on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier. Elite-status membership earned through this special promotion will be valid through February 28, 2013.

We know you'll appreciate the unique privileges of AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Executive Platinum status, including:

AAdvantage Platinum
• 72 hour upgrade window
• 100% mileage bonus on select elite-qualifying flights
• Priority Baggage Delivery
AAdvantage Executive Platinum
• Unlimited complimentary upgrades confirmed at 100 hours pior to departure (subject to availability)**
• Eight (8) one-way Systemwide Upgrades+
• Expanded MileSAAver® award availability for you and one companion
• Waived ticketing service charges and AAdvantage change and reinstatement charges
For complete details on all AAdvantage elite-status benefits, visit www.aa.com/elitebenefits

Simply click the button below to login and register for this promotion using the Promotion Code HVCAA prior to travel and by 11:59pm CT on February 29, 2012.

This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email from American Airlines and register online
to participate.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Rewards Gold, AAdvantage Gold
I just registered

Within a few seconds, I got an email thanking me for registering for the HVCAA promotion.

I will know within 4 weeks whether it worked or not!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Just to restate a key point, this is effectively a "Plat/EXP Challenge" that only qualifies for less than 1 year. The 3X promo was a much better deal for EXP Lite's as we are now called. For others, a great deal, and in past years, it would have been an awesome promo by any standard.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kwysocki
First, you can earn double American Airlines AAdvantage® miles on all purchased, published fares for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier between February 8, 2012 and May 31, 2012.
That part alone makes me want to register. I bet by May there will be a lot of registered EXPs who have already re-qualified through 2/28/2014.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Sigh...another promo that's swelling the ranks...Considering that the promo period is almost 4 months long, the adjusted earnings rate to hit EXP is only about 80k EQMs annually. That bar is just too low.

If folks can't make EXP this year, they never will.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
That part alone makes me want to register. I bet by May there will be a lot of registered EXPs who have already re-qualified through 2/28/2014.
Status is only till Feb 2013 when earned through this.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Status is only till Feb 2013 when earned through this.
That's my point, I'm currently EXP, will re-qualify before May and am still tempted to register in the hope of getting extra RDMs, though I shouldn't be eligible.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
High Value Customer AA? I'm tempted to register just to see. I don't see any harm in doing it, i.e. I doubt it will mess anything up. Chance of gain>>>>chance of loss, even if both are pretty small.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
That's my point, I'm currently EXP, will re-qualify before May and am still tempted to register in the hope of getting extra RDMs, though I shouldn't be eligible.
I see now what you are getting at, but I don't think this is stackable on what you already get. This email was obviously sent to some elite flyer on a different airline. Hence the HighValueCustomerAA name for it.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
I just got to EXP via 50K BIS miles in January. I suppose it'd be too much to hope for that I could sign up for this, do another marathon and get 8 more SWUs.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by sendbillmoney
I just got to EXP via 50K BIS miles in January. I suppose it'd be too much to hope for that I could sign up for this, do another marathon and get 8 more SWUs.
That would be a hysterical IT oversight, but I suppose it would not be impossible. You just qualified for the 2013 membership year (which also gives status for 2012), this promotion lets people qualify for the 2012 membership year, and should come with 8 SWUs that expire a year earlier than the ones you just earned (for those who are eligible/targeted).
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by sendbillmoney
I seem to remember reports of people getting 8 SWUs when completing their EXP challenge, then another 8 when crossing 100K miles.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Science Goy
I seem to remember reports of people getting 8 SWUs when completing their EXP challenge, then another 8 when crossing 100K miles.
Now THAT's really tempting. And I could get 25k EQMs if I book a trip I have on hold and another in addition to my currently booked one, all easily justifiable. Decisions, decisions.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
If folks can't make EXP this year, they never will.
Didn't they have DEQM for most of 2009? It was probably easier then to make EXP than it is now, albeit it's still pretty easy to make it now.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Didn't they have DEQM for most of 2009? It was probably easier then to make EXP than it is now, albeit it's still pretty easy to make it now.
25K base miles would be easier than any other recent promo, even easier than last year's EXP challenge (which required 25K points), though it lasts a full year less than the "normal" 100 Kmile/Kpoint/segment EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.