Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Gold: Hilton Gold
ExecPlat card came today, sadly it all comes to an end 2/13. Pretty sure I will requal as Platinum. Thanks AA and especially, thank you FT!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Did anyone who was not targeted get EXP status from this promo?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
It really bothers me that I am NEVER targeted for any of these promotions by AA. I go so far out of my way to fly the airline all the time and no love ever comes my way. Was ExecPlat for 2 years from 2005-2007, passed the million mile mark in 2008 (wish I knew they were changing the rules, I would have been using my AAdvantage card instead of Amex for the whole decade had I even known those miles counted towards 2mm/lifetime PLT) and just started flying again for the first time since 2009 so did the PLT challenge and qualified in 6 weeks. Of course, no EXP challenge was available, which i absolutely would have qualified for, and the rest of the year is just too short for me to get there...plus the first baby is coming in December, so I'm basically grounding myself for a few months starting in November.

Point being, I would have been a prime target for a challenge like this...but no love whatsoever...

I'm in the midst of a Delta challenge but decided to stop after Silver (still have Gold matched through July) when I realized I should just stick with one airline. Wish AA had the vision to do something about this.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Not to mention by brother who is United 1k simply picked up the phone and was comped EXP for the rest of the years (granted he has to fly 25k EQM's in 90 days to get the 8 systemwides...so at least there is some fairness in that)...

FF'ing airlines today losing sight of their loyal clients.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bergcy
Did anyone who was not targeted get EXP status from this promo?
Doesn't look like it. I asked the same question on April 24 and no one responded.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Originally Posted by AALoyalNYC
It really bothers me that I am NEVER targeted for any of these promotions by AA. I go so far out of my way to fly the airline all the time and no love ever comes my way.
I think this is why you (and I) never get targeted for these promos - they're for people who AA believes are flying with someone else - if you're flying on AA, they have no reason to give you any incentive to fly AA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.