Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I was able to register for the offer and received the email

Background: I was flying 100-150 or so segments per year. Atleast 125K EQM. Some on deep discount fares, some not.

Last July I switched all my business to United, and only have one remaining rezzie on AA. The only thing I can think of is that its targeted to those who suddenly had a big drop in their revenue pattern.

It's a good strategy to get someone to reconsider their loyalty. The double award miles will be great for my international travel planned in the Spring
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by mikeef
The most dangerous sentence in the English language: "This time it's different."

Mike
Or perhaps: "The rules don't apply to me"?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
The most dangerous sentence in the English language: "This time it's different."

Mike
The military likes to say the three most dangerous things you can hear from a newly minted junior officer:
"In my experience"
"I've been thinking"
and especially for the nugget pilots: "Watch this"
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Plt
Just called AA to clear things up.. transferred around a bit. you are correct. i was told this is essentially a free challenge, target customers are gold members or members who have shown a sharp decline in travel. the agent told me that although my registration was confirmed, even by email, they have to post a special code at the end of the promo to those who qualify to receive the benefits. i told her to keep me registered even though i dont qualify for the targeted promo, she said sure, but it would not be likely that they would mess up and accidentally get the double miles. The registration does not impact any other promotions you may be registered for, and will not void any either.

Originally Posted by demkr
I was able to register for the offer and received the email

Background: I was flying 100-150 or so segments per year. Atleast 125K EQM. Some on deep discount fares, some not.

Last July I switched all my business to United, and only have one remaining rezzie on AA. The only thing I can think of is that its targeted to those who suddenly had a big drop in their revenue pattern.

It's a good strategy to get someone to reconsider their loyalty. The double award miles will be great for my international travel planned in the Spring
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by rfrost
Isn't that the FT motto?

Mike
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by rfrost
"I just want what everyone wants, preferential treatment." Homer

I wonder if they did research for that episode on FT, it somehow weaved together the airline, security and OMNI/PR forums into a single episode.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I emailed to ask if I qualified and got a very nice response telling me "no." So this forum says that it probably won't work and AA said that it definitely won't work, but I did get that confirm that I was signed up for the promotion. Should I book a whole bunch of flights and hope for the best?

That last sentence was a joke and only a joke. If I had anything serious to write, you can bet that I wouldn't be wasting so much time on FT.

Mike
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Should I book a whole bunch of flights and hope for the best?
Yes. I hear it works even better if you book in full-fare international F.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Awesome, I was trying for Q but that sounds like a better idea!

I guess I can't say much since I actually DID book a couple of flights during the targeted promo period, but that was more coincidence than anything else. I still want and was planning to qualify for EXP either way. My flights are all in N, O, or Q though. Sorry to disappoint .
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:46 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Pretty clear that this is, indeed, a targeted promotion (and, parenthetically, that only those receiving the email should expect to be eligible for the corresponding offer, regardless of confirmation emails, which always go out for every promo regardless of eligibility). Accordingly, the ? in the thread title has been removed.

/Moderator
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Actually it has to be one way full international F and you have to return on another, non-OW, airline (also in full F)
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by dayone
Translation: Don't call. Don't email. Don't tweet. Don't post. Don't complain.
ROTFLMAO - this is FlyerTalk, that last one is IMPOSSIBLE!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by brahms77
Unless I am completely outdated, I think the supervisor is incorrect. Please give it another shot (or email AA). With your 1K status as a proof, you should first be comped to Plat status (without any challenge fee) and AA should give you EXP challenge for 25K miles flown in 3 months.
Do you have the e-mail address?

Additionally, I am DM on DL and they didn't offer me comp Plat and an EXP challenge when I asked about it.

They asked me to register for a Plat challenge.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
And I'd have a trip to Seoul and two trips to California from BOS and I'd get over 25k. Then, I could easily not go anywhere the rest of the year either. The people who are actually being targeted by this promo aren't in that mold. Also, flying 25k just to get EXP and then not flying anymore after that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The key isn't simply to become EXP, you want to use the benefits of being EXP for the most part. If you become EXP and then don't fly much/at all afterwards, it doesn't really make a huge amount of sense to do it.
If you aren't going anywhere the rest of the year then why would you care to become EXP?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Panamajon513
If you aren't going anywhere the rest of the year then why would you care to become EXP?
I was responding to a previous poster who noted that they could fly twice to Asia for 25k and not fly 100k in a year. I said that most people who would fly 25k within 3-4 months AND be targeted by this promo probably fly 100k a year. Personally once I hit EXP I plan to keep going. I've already hit PLT and I now have 24k more flight miles booked, and then the 17k to hit EXP will follow, and probably more after that so I can take advantage of being EXP. Of course, then I want to requalify next year so I'll have to do another 100k, but with domestic comp upgrades and SWUs, it should be a bit easier than getting to EXP from kettle. The goal isn't simply to accumulate status on multiple airlines for me. I've picked one, and once I achieve the status levels I want to keep flying so I can take advantage of that status. It would not make sense for me to hit EXP on AA, then go over to DL (I would never go to UA ) and say "ok make me an elite" and they say "we'll let you challenge for a lower status then you have to fly 125k (or whatever it is) to get the same level as you have at AA". Since I do not travel for business, I'm freely able to choose AA whenever the fares make sense, and simply not fly anyone when they don't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.