Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXP - AA Reminder about Better Recognition?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
EXP - AA Reminder about Better Recognition?

Flying on Eagle has always been nice as a EXP. FA's routinely come up, address you by name and seem to go a bit beyond on the "What can I do for you?"

Have a "friend" that received a recent notice from AA to the employees regarding EXP & CK recognition. In the notice it stated a "percentage" amount of time that EXP's were in coach and stressed the importance of "Thanking & Recognizing" them.. especially in coach.

Has anyone noticed any change in the last few days?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
no, in coach 5 times already this year and no FA recognized me...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Take your dark glasses off...

All this time, I though they were doing us a favor letting us fly incognito. Not!

Originally Posted by mingw
no, in coach 5 times already this year and no FA recognized me...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:13 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

From my weekend experience, it was a near mix bag. After getting rerouted and losing my F class from SWU to the BOS-LAX flight with the ORD stop, the BOS-ORD, after showing my EXP card during drink service, I was given later another round of drinks from the FA. However on the ORD-LAX sector, got one of the worst FA, nearly got shouted at when I asked if my Platinum travel companion will also get the free drink/snack, was snapped at that anything more than that will be charged.
Even the offduty Eagle FA sitting next to me commented on the behavior.

But on all my flights this year, none of the FA greeted anyone by name even in First/Business nor during the taking down of dining choices and post-departure drink.

Based on this, I think either they just threw that notice out the window or time will tell.

Cheers!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
After having done 4 MRs (ORD-SFO) this month with a 5th tomorrow, I have not been recognized personally, by name, by any member of the airline. The service has been good, but no overt attempts on their part. It would be nice, but not a requirement for me.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
I've never been singled out or addressed by name on an Eagle flight, and I am 100% okay with that.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:23 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
If you want a free drink or snack it does make it less awkward if they are aware of your status.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy
I've never been singled out or addressed by name on an Eagle flight, and I am 100% okay with that.
Really? They always say something to me. I don't really mind one way or the other ( except if it interfered with my free drink ). Mainline AA is another story, maybe once in the past year... Which is interesting because CX always recognizes me as OW Emerald.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Originally Posted by abk
If you want a free drink or snack it does make it less awkward if they are aware of your status.
When they ask for payment I hand them my exp card.. gets a smile more often than not.. I am not all about trying to tell an FA I am an exp across the pax sitting next to me. I sound like one of "those" people if I do.

thanks op for better the better thread title.. I need to get a copy of that "how to" book
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:41 pm

I've been on 11 AA flights and 1 JAL flight since getting EXP and have never gotten any special attention from an FA for it.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
However on the ORD-LAX sector, got one of the worst FA, nearly got shouted at when I asked if my Platinum travel companion will also get the free drink/snack, was snapped at that anything more than that will be charged.
But of course you do know that your Platinum travel companion doesn't get a free drink/snack, right? There are those that believe that the more EXPs try to abuse this benefit, the more justification that AA would have for cancelling it. If one of them had been there, they might have snapped at you too.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Prem Exec, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
In my experience the Eagle FA's usually do the personal greeting and offer drinks/snack. A few times I've been traveling with a non EXP colleagues and the FA gave them the same benefit.

AA is a different story, I have never had the same happen in coach.

PS... Good call on handing the FA your EXP card, good idea and discrete.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by rayikes
PS... Good call on handing the FA your EXP card, good idea and discrete.
The one time I tried that, the FA ran my card through the credit card reader and gave me a puzzled look, so I had to verbally ask for my free drink anyway
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
The one time earlier this year when back in coach I was addressed by name while still on the ground. Was also told if there was anything that could be done for me to just let the FAs know.

After service the same flight attendant came back, asked me if I was comped and was there anything else they could do for me.

The whole thing blew me away as the last time something like that happened was when I was a Northwest elite.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
But of course you do know that your Platinum travel companion doesn't get a free drink/snack, right? There are those that believe that the more EXPs try to abuse this benefit, the more justification that AA would have for cancelling it. If one of them had been there, they might have snapped at you too.
Simply asking about this should not result in anyone snapping. If they are unhappy with the policy, it is best to take it up with AA, and not passengers. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to know about the benefit and be unsure about who it applies to.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.