Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat question Boeing 777

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Seat question Boeing 777

Not sure if this goes here but could not find a catagory, I am trying to figure out why seats 20 to 27 are considered "preferred" on a Boeing 777 vrs the economy seats behind these... I am tempted to change my seat but seat guru says there is no difference. Just wondering if its an airline ploy to get more money or is there really a difference in the seats.. not sure how to find out.. any advice?? We are flying to London from NY so sort of a long flight and want to be as comfortable as possible but reallly cannot afford business (I wish)
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Teddie2
Not sure if this goes here but could not find a catagory, I am trying to figure out why seats 20 to 27 are considered "preferred" on a Boeing 777 vrs the economy seats behind these... I am tempted to change my seat but seat guru says there is no difference. Just wondering if its an airline ploy to get more money or is there really a difference in the seats.. not sure how to find out.. any advice?? We are flying to London from NY so sort of a long flight and want to be as comfortable as possible but reallly cannot afford business (I wish)
Probably to hold them so if you purchase your ticket late, you still have a seat somewhat closer to the front because others without preferred seat access couldn't have purchased them.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA has long considered economy seats toward the front of the cabin as superior to those farther aft, so AA labels them as preferred.

On the 777s, the mini-cabin (rows 20-27) feature slightly improved legroom compared to the seats aft of 31 (vestiges of MRTC). IMO, they are clearly superior to the larger economy cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.