Community
Wiki Posts
Search

secure flight information and avios

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
secure flight information and avios

not sure if need to post here or in BAEC forum...

Booked 2 domestic USA award tickets on AA using BA avios.

Got the PNR for AA from the BA rep.

Went to AA.com,

Picked seats no problem.

Went to fill in secure flight info.

Has my companion's birthday (whose Avios were used to book) in my spot.

Tried to change, won't stick.

Get different looks each time load under my name or companion's name.

Booking looks fine on BA.com, and we have ticket numbers/confirmed.

Will there be a problem with checking in online/at the airport?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Possibly. There are known problems in the Sabre interface with other systems - such as showing changes you make on MMB on BA, for example. I'd suspect this is one of the glitchy things, but you could try calling Web Services to determine anything (or if they can help).
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
not sure if need to post here or in BAEC forum...

Booked 2 domestic USA award tickets on AA using BA avios.

Got the PNR for AA from the BA rep.

Went to AA.com,

Picked seats no problem.

Went to fill in secure flight info.

Has my companion's birthday (whose Avios were used to book) in my spot.

Tried to change, won't stick.

Get different looks each time load under my name or companion's name.

Booking looks fine on BA.com, and we have ticket numbers/confirmed.

Will there be a problem with checking in online/at the airport?
Highly unlikely to have a problem.
Unless the filed name and birthdate and gender match that of a blacklisted person -- not probable for most in these circumstances -- the passenger will be able to travel just fine. The fields can be updated but it usually is not worth the time for a passenger to worry about it prior to within the check-in window. And then check in online.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:47 pm

Me as well

I made several award redemptions for American flights and also have the same situation. The flights show on aa.com but my secure flight information is not complete - it appears that AA shows 3 fields for name but my BA profile has my first and middle names combined under first name. My partner's info is fine! I called American and the agent couldn't change anything but 'felt' it would not be a problem. I'd like to do online check-in but I'll have to wait until my first segment in April. I'm not worried but would like to avoid airport hassles!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; WN; SPG; Hyatt
Similar thing happened to me last week. I booked a trip to Costa Rica on AA with pre-Avios points back before the switch. Secure flyer info did not transfer over. So I Entered the secure flyer info, carefully entering passport numbers, birth dates, names, phone numbers etc. Went to do check-in and was asked to retype all the passport information, but when I submitted it shot back at me that something was wrong with the information for my son (didn't tell me what though). Re-verified all the information and repeated 2 more times. Eventually it kicked me out of the process and disabled on-line check-in. Called AA and the agent informed me that BA had provided them with my wife's birth date for me and my son (but apparently they don't display this information???). He said there was nothing he could do to reset the system and that I had to go to the counter to solve the problem... Agent at the ticket counter had no problem checking me in so all was good in the end, just an annoying hassle.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
TSA doesn't check birthday or gender when you pass security at airport.

the info is only used for pre-flight check against no-fly list. so as long as your wrong info doesn't match someone else on the list you should be fine.

this makes me wonder, do terrorists faithfully give correct info for their flights?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:39 am

I recently booked a domestic (within the continental US) award on AA metal for a friend with BA Avios points. I noticed the BA website only provided fields for first name and last name (no middle name field). Based on the advice of others on FT, I proceeded to make the reservation without the middle name.

After booking the flight, I went to checkmytrip.com and looked up the AA Record Locator #. I then looked up the reservation info on aa.com, scrolled down to Passenger Summary, and clicked "Add/Edit Passenger Information". I was then able to successfully add the middle name (for Secure Flight purposes only....the ticket/boarding pass will still display the passenger's name without the middle name field populated).

Last edited by vortix; Mar 5, 2013 at 9:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.