Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 EXP Qualification /Re-Qualification for Status Year 2013 Brag Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Because of the DFW-SFO/LAX and ORD-SFO/LAX promos, I assume there will be some of us qualifying pretty early on, maybe in the first half of January.

I was at the SFO AC on Monday night and met 5 other people doing MRs from ORD, a few who were already on their 3-5 run of the year.

I'm starting this thread to get a tally of who will re qualify this month?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:08 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Wow, time goes by quickly! Already time to have a "fastest to EXP" thread for 2013!

<------ Will slowly plod along and likely re-qualify in Nov/Dec - and perfectly happy with that.

Re-titled the thread to help with search and to be consistent with past threads. /Moderator
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I have quite a few who would be EXP by the end of Jan
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:46 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by JY1024
<------ Will slowly plod along and likely re-qualify in Nov/Dec - and perfectly happy with that.

Re-titled the thread to help with search and to be consistent with past threads. /Moderator
Wow what a unique idea. @:-)

Since I was doing MRs before FT even existed I have now vowed not to do any mileage runs unless absolutely necessary in Nov - Dec.

Also feel better for it.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Only third to fifth run? LOL
Try number 7th for me, 24 segments knocked down
According to my calculations and accounting for DEQM/TEQM, I'm sitting at 70K already January 11
Will Requalify on Jan 31 with 107K

Usually requal in Oct but have a career change in April hence the early craziness
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by krazieman
Because of the DFW-SFO/LAX and ORD-SFO/LAX promos, I assume there will be some of us qualifying pretty early on, maybe in the first half of January.

I was at the SFO AC on Monday night and met 5 other people doing MRs from ORD, a few who were already on their 3-5 run of the year.
Was I one of those in the SFO AC on monday night, i was there for like 20 mins coming in from 1561
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:00 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by magic111
Wow what a unique idea. @:-)

Since I was doing MRs before FT even existed I have now vowed not to do any mileage runs unless absolutely necessary in Nov - Dec.
Yup. Qualifying by actually going places is far more brag-worthy than doing it in January on MRs.

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: aa delta
Mileage run

Morning,
I never thought about doing mileage runs until the great race. There's a promo going on for double elite qualifying miles until 1/31. I'm based in JFK, so a JFK--->SFO run in BC maybe worth 20k miles. As usual, my biggest problem is finding time.
W
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I was contemplating LAX-LHR-NRT-LHR-LAX (plus positioning of 6k more) for end January. Would have gotten me to around 80k and the price is amazing at around 1.8K (and I still have eVIPs). Then I looked at my and my wife's RDM and with a very heavy heart decided it was time to spend miles for a year or two (or three or four!). I am seriously going to miss EXP.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FORNWEST
Morning,
I never thought about doing mileage runs until the great race. There's a promo going on for double elite qualifying miles until 1/31. I'm based in JFK, so a JFK--->SFO run in BC maybe worth 20k miles. As usual, my biggest problem is finding time.
W
JFK-SFO-JFK will get you 10,320 EQM not around 20k. BC will not enhance your EQM, only your EQP (which is not doubled).
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by brp
Yup. Qualifying by actually going places is far more brag-worthy than doing it in January on MRs.

Cheers.
While I do some MRs to beef up my miles and insure EXP by year end, other than accumulating RDMs whats the point? Once you hit 100K miles that's it, although for 2011 125K EQPs did provide additional benefits. But its impossible to get that many EQPs on cheap fares unless you are basically earning about 250K miles a year. Personally, I'd like to have a life outside of flying around in a metal tube (albeit usually upfront) and posting on FT.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
First to EXP?

13999 segments on android AA app

Made it!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...0-exp-2012.jpg

Last edited by boerne; Jan 30, 2012 at 5:28 am Reason: took a real computer to get the screenshot posted
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by boerne
13999 segments on android AA app

Made it!
sorry to burst your bubble make that 15,323 for me lol

does that make me EXP for LIFE haha, that ought to be a record and month one for 2012 isn't even over yet lol
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
So, has anyone requalified for EXP this month?

Conveniently, I had a ton of travel booked for January before DEQAA was announced, which was nice as I'm at about 60k EQM now (no MRs). However, I'm sure that's peanuts compared to what some of you must have already accomplished!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Not going to make it in January. 87k miles so far, but one RT STL-NRT in Feb will get me there before my current Explat status expires. I still have two SWUs to use on that flight before they expire. Looking forward to two more years as Explat. Requalifying every two may be the way to go for me now that my work pays for just about zero travel. They used to get me to Plat at least before I was on my own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.