Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

It is January 2012. How Can "Current" and January 2012 Not Be The Same

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

I took two flights January 6th, one shows under current with 2011 info (some AA promotion for 1000 miles) and one shows under January. Same day, same month and two different locations. Sheesh.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Another good one - after statements are produced and I have no activity for current activity, I see this:
Total Mileage Posted Since Last Summary: 4
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:24 pm

It seems like AA processes these statements on the first weekend of every month, so my guess is that your first flight made it into the "January 2012" batch, and the second one did not.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: My views are strictly my own and do not reflect the views of any company.
Transaction before the summary date show up on the statement, current shows up after your statement cut off date.

Oh, I should mention that your statement in January does not mean January activity, it's simply the month the statement ran. But you probably figured that out.

Last edited by trinity_in_texas; Jan 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by firstglobal
It seems like AA processes these statements on the first weekend of every month, so my guess is that your first flight made it into the "January 2012" batch, and the second one did not.
The second flight made it and the first one did not there's the mystery.

I left 630 am arriving 945 and left at 1020 am so that is some odd cutoff, set at 10 am on Friday am.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The second flight made it and the first one did not there's the mystery.

I left 630 am arriving 945 and left at 1020 am so that is some odd cutoff, set at 10 am on Friday am.
What matters is the time they actually post, though. My guess is that your morning flight actually didn't post until Friday night or Saturday morning. It feels like some stations post much faster than others.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
This is definitely an aa.com oddity that makes no sense and is needlessly confusing. Every other airline simply lists your activity as far back as they choose to display it. Why AA insists on grouping things into "statements" and then making you hunt through them individually for info on a flight is beyond me.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:20 pm
JKD

data older than six months = $50

I think this is even worse - no online access to data older than six months without paying $50 for AA to send a paper statement .....
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Another reason there are spreadsheets - it's pretty easy to copy the information as provided into one.

Originally Posted by JKD
I think this is even worse - no online access to data older than six months without paying $50 for AA to send a paper statement .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.