FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Holiday Miracle/ Bad Behavior (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1299135-aa-holiday-miracle-bad-behavior.html)

bigswiss Jan 5, 2012 10:56 pm

AA Holiday Miracle/ Bad Behavior

I wanted to share a blog post that my wife shared with me today:
http://www.ablogaboutlove.com/2012/0...pport.html?m=1
I had a similar experience on DL metal when I left my Galaxy Tab in the seat back pocket at MSP. By the time I returned to the gate, DL staff had retrieved the Tab, and had it at the gate with a note on it listing the flight and seat number where the device was found. The behavior of the AA FA in the story at the link was deceitful and illegal and hopefully she will be prosecuted by someone for her actions.
There is no perfect airline, but at least DL or DL employees didn't steal my stuff.

janetdoe Jan 5, 2012 11:38 pm

The real crime?

They paid $1600 for two tickets from NYC to Utah.

I guess AA robbed them twice. :D ;)

Science Goy Jan 5, 2012 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by bigswiss (Post 17758172)
There is no perfect airline, but at least DL or DL employees didn't steal my stuff.

That time they didn't, but next time they might.

No company has a monopoly on (dis)honest employees.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jan 6, 2012 1:10 am

wow! amazing stuff.

just wondering as I type this... how did she get the bag off the plane? She must have found it and then stashed it to return later? Or was she continuing on somewhere on that same aircraft?

sambb Jan 6, 2012 1:27 am

great story
i am glad they nailed the aa flight attendant for her utter dishonest behavior
maybe she was worried about ch11 or her future, or whatever, but she is a thief!

Krazyglue Jan 6, 2012 1:33 am

Will the union protect the FA?

OxonCantab Jan 6, 2012 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Krazyglue (Post 17758572)
Will the union protect the FA?

They may have to. Does anyone know if the FA union's contract has a guaranteed representation clause?

Most often, I seen the process for it such that if a majority of a certain union body votes to support X employee, then the union has to exert resources to protect X employee, even if X employee punched a police officer, ran over passengers, fell asleep at the wheel etc.

My favorite case though, an employee just didn't show up. The company tried contacting her to see what was going on and they eventually got in touch with a distant relative who said that she was "feeling unwell" and "having soup."

6 months later, the employee shows up and wants her job back. Company says no. Employee, with union backing wins in pre-trial arbitration.

chanp Jan 6, 2012 5:39 am

What a story, technology is great!^

onesocalkid Jan 6, 2012 6:22 am

Originally Posted by chanp (Post 17759340)
What a story, technology is great!^

Great reminder to use that free iCloud space and turn on "Find iPhone/iPad" for all of your devices!

That flight attendant is shameful, it's no wonder I am so stinking cynicaal these days.

justforfun Jan 6, 2012 6:36 am

That's an amazing story. Makes you wonder what else she has stolen.

MR_MAMA Jan 6, 2012 6:44 am

What a great story!

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jan 6, 2012 6:47 am

Scary and at the same time really sad. The FA seems to go out of her way to help but in fact is the thief.

cynicAAl Jan 6, 2012 7:46 am

Originally Posted by onesocalkid (Post 17759531)
...it's no wonder I am so stinking cynicaal these days.

did someone page me ?

george 3 Jan 6, 2012 7:57 am

I googled this news story to confirm its truth, and did find a post on an Allentown PA TV news website. Sorry, but not to excuse bad behaviour of the AA employee, I'm a bit cynical toward the victim's insistence on proceeding with prosecution. Particularly in view of his commentary on his blog about his faith - praying with missionaries and the alleged perp as an example. I would also be curious to know why the victim didn't just go knock on the door of this house in the Poconos, tell the person that the iPad was tracked to this location and if he could have it back no questions asked, that would be the end of it.

My wife and I had one of our lawn manager characters stolen just after Christmas. My wife was upset, but we knew it was probably kids. One of our friend's sons volunteered to help via texting when we were at a New Year's Eve Party. I told him, look, we just want it back. No questions asked. And when we returned on New Year's morning, it was laying in front of the manger in a black plastic bag. And that was the end of it, we were happy about its safe return.

I'm genuinely happy the blogger received his goods back as an iPad isn't cheap and he has a right to assist in prosecution. <redacted - wrong Forum>

gemac Jan 6, 2012 8:43 am

Originally Posted by george 3 (Post 17759966)
My wife and I had one of our lawn manager characters stolen just after Christmas.

You have more than one lawn manager? That must be some great lawn!