Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Business EXtra closed on 12/30/11, but has items expiring 12/31/11?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:02 am
Original Poster

When you call AA Bus Extra on 12/30/11 the recorded message says that they are closed and reopne on 1/3/12--but there are points and other items which expire on 12/31/11??? + When speaking with them on 1`2/28 and 129 they said they will open on 12/30/11. Suggestions?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by best
When you call AA Bus Extra on 12/30/11 the recorded message says that they are closed and reopne on 1/3/12--but there are points and other items which expire on 12/31/11??? + When speaking with them on 1`2/28 and 129 they said they will open on 12/30/11. Suggestions?
You can request awards online.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Can all rewards be booked online? If they're not open, they're not open and there's not much we can do about it here. But if you can't book it online for whatever reason, a complaint is clearly in order. I don't care if they want to close for the holidays - they need to honor this stuff when they do reopen, past expiration date or not.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SAN-man
Can all rewards be booked online? If they're not open, they're not open and there's not much we can do about it here. But if you can't book it online for whatever reason, a complaint is clearly in order. I don't care if they want to close for the holidays - they need to honor this stuff when they do reopen, past expiration date or not.
I understand your frustration. It isn't a perfect system. It takes longer than I would like for points to post. BE # can fall out of your reservation, and then it takes forever to get credit for it. Adding the tracking of points by flight recently has been a big improvement. I don't know if all awards can be redeemed online (I certainly haven't tried them all), but if the award OP wants can be redeemed online, that certainly is the best way to go forward.

Still, we all know if we have points expiring, and we all know that businesses that are open Monday-Friday and give a New Year's Eve holiday will be closed today. It seems that it would be prudent for a member with points expiring to deal with it before today.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Seem to be same generic problem: few days ago they offered to extend expiring awards and points for 2 more years for a total of $150 and said you could call until this Friday PM. But now recorded message says they are closed???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.