Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ikwia
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The Glenlivet 12 was reported as no longer being bottled in mini sized bottles, as discussed in this thread - that report may be in error. Whatever the reason, AA has changed their whisky/whiskey offerings.

Glenlivet appears to be back: it was observed on 3 different mainline flights the week of 20 June 2016.
Print Wikipost

Glenlivet "mini" bottles phased out (late 2013)

Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
I've been getting Glenlivet in Y on my most recent flight this past weekend as well as the prior weekend. They had to get it from F but I still got it.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN A-List, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
I've been getting Glenlivet in Y on my most recent flight this past weekend as well as the prior weekend. They had to get it from F but I still got it.
Oh the elusive Glennies..

My typical flight scenario starts with the meal when asked, " Would you like some wine with dinner?".." No thank you, but if you have any Glenlivet on board, I sure would enjoy a double, neat, after my meal". The FA's seem to always be able to produce.

I once woke up after my post meal nap, with 4 bottles tucked in my seat pocket.

Felt a bit like a lush.

But i suffered...and had a triple ...(plus one in my bag for later)

It's the little things these days that keep us going...

HP
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
No more Glenlivet?

YMMV, but I've found that my success rate on scoring Glenlivet is 100% when traveling P or higher. On upgrades, I would say it is more like 60-70%. Fortunately, I am not too proud to drink Dewars. :-)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by brp
Originally Posted by todorovic
I guess someone didn't get the memo at ORD today. AA309 had 0 bottles of this particular variety of nectar.
Sure they did. The extras on some flights have to come from somewhere

Cheers.
I'll have to cross check my schedule with yours to make sure that I'm as far away from you as possible. I'm 1/4 on my most recent flights. All 4 in F.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Inflight Y tonight DFW-SJC as a Plat (demoted EXP) and they had Glenlivet. How sad for AA and flyertalk that the lack of crappy Scotch is a topic of conversation.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by jakuda
Inflight Y tonight DFW-SJC as a Plat (demoted EXP) and they had Glenlivet. How sad for AA and flyertalk that the lack of crappy Scotch is a topic of conversation.
Jakuda,

That is a bit harsh! Glenlivet 12 seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of Single Malts. It gets no respect despite being very popular

Glenlivet 12 is a decent single malt. It is certainly no Glenlivet 15 or 18 or a Macallan 18 but it is still a decent and acceptable single malt

I think of Glenlivet 12 as a dependable friend, who while not being exciting, is always reliable.

Macallan 18 is on the other hand like a super hot girlfriend. She costs me a lot of money, friends ooh and aah about her and I can afford no more than a once a week date with her!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Makes me miss the Macallan 18 I had at the JL F lounge at NRT.
I'll have to look for that. So far, best I've found in a OW lounge (not counting blends) is the Glenlivet 18 in the BA F lounge at LGW. However, I've never been in the mood whilst in the CCR so I'll have to ask what they stock on my next visit…

Originally Posted by panjabi
I think of Glenlivet 12 as a dependable friend, who while not being exciting, is always reliable… Macallan 18 is on the other hand like a super hot girlfriend.
So Glenlivet 12 is the… Actually, no. I bet that would be a TOS violation

Originally Posted by bigmac78
…I replied "Courvoisier" and she poured it over my ice cream. I watched in horror but then smiled in bliss after I tasted it.
I will be trying this next flight!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I'll have to look for that. So far, best I've found in a OW lounge (not counting blends) is the Glenlivet 18 in the BA F lounge at LGW. However, I've never been in the mood whilst in the CCR so I'll have to ask what they stock on my next visit…

To each his own, but if the criteria is OW lounges where EXPs have access on a qualifying OW flight, then my favorite is JW Blue Label available alongside the abovementioned Glenlivet 18 at the BA F lounges in T-5

They only put out 2 bottles a day, around 8 AM or so, and once they are gone, they are gone.

Incidentally the same seems to hold true in the Concorde Lounge
Old Oct 6, 2012, 8:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by panjabi
To each his own, but if the criteria is OW lounges where EXPs have access on a qualifying OW flight, then my favorite is JW Blue Label available alongside the abovementioned Glenlivet 18 at the BA F lounges in T-5

They only put out 2 bottles a day, around 8 AM or so, and once they are gone, they are gone.
I'm not generally a blend man, but JW Blue makes an exception to that rule. So, the two bottles are gone by 9 AM?

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by brp
I'm not generally a blend man, but JW Blue makes an exception to that rule. So, the two bottles are gone by 9 AM?

Cheers.
Yeah, I am not a blend man either but both JW Gold (from the freezer) and JW Blue are exceptions.

..and yeah.. maybe not by 9 AM.. but by noonish.. they are gone..

So, dont be shy. Please keep in mind that 8 AM in London is already like the afternoon or evening in Hong Kong or New Delhi, so if you are headed that way, then better start now

While on topic of Glenlivet on AA, can someone give us the NEW numbers for the international flights.

Used to be: 2 Glenlivets for Domestic and 6 bottles for Biz on international.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:31 am

WTH American Glenlivet was one of the reasons for upgrading to First Class You need to stock more not less lol. There is no comparison to the replacement. I'm sorry to say but this is the best Single Malt Whisky which BTW is the original and first whisky to be produced is now going away on AA. Shame on you. For anyone here from AA please read the 14 pages and get with it.

What I think we should do is bring on the mini Glenlivets if there are any at your liquor store and bring our own FT supply then at least your guaranteed your Glenlivet. I'll be glad to share with anyone
On another note can I get the Glenlivet at the Admirals club?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by danielonn
I'm sorry to say but this is the best Single Malt Whisky which BTW is the original and first whisky to be produced is now going away on AA.
Anyone who things Glenlivet 12 is the "best Single Malt" is certainly welcome to as much as they can drink. Also, anyone who thinks that AA would ever cater the best of anything in any category...well, not sure how to finish that thought

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Huh? The conclusion of the thread is AA has increased the load of Glenlivet and you are saying... what?

What some of us may be saying Glenlivet is a tolerable, MOR single malt on a MOR airline - and many of us have preferences not met by AA.

WTH American Glenlivet was one of the reasons for upgrading to First Class There is no comparison to the replacement. I'm sorry to say but this is the best Single Malt Whisky which BTW is the original and first whisky to be produced is now going away on AA. Shame on you. For anyone here from AA please read the 14 pages and get with it.

What I think we should do is bring on the mini Glenlivets if there are any at your liquor store and bring our own FT supply. I'll be glad to share with anyone
On another note can I get the Glenlivet at the Admirals club?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by brp
Anyone who things Glenlivet 12 is the "best Single Malt" is certainly welcome to as much as they can drink. Also, anyone who thinks that AA would ever cater the best of anything in any category...well, not sure how to finish that thought

Cheers.
Bottoms Up
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, 60K "old miles"
Bottoms Up
Glenlivet is a nice scotch. Started drinking it 40 years ago when it was cheaper than Chivas. Yesterday I enjoyed a Lagavulin 16 in a Delta lounge. Now that is a great scotch!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.