Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, National Executive
Does anyone know if the double mileage would count towards the 20,000 eqm's needed for the accelerated exp promotion offered prior?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by Franklybrit
I believe this 125k+ bonus is based on EQP not EQM.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:03 pm
nhg

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
Just bought my ticket to Miami for the Road Warrior photo shoot in January, so this is a nice little cherry on top....
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
"...This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required."

This looks like you could stack this promo with the DEQ11 for CA and IL residence. Could any one confirm?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
Originally Posted by wrothman
Does anyone know if the double mileage would count towards the 20,000 eqm's needed for the accelerated exp promotion offered prior?
that would be too good to be true--- truly doubt it-- like the double mile offer between dfw/ord and lax/sfo- I doubt very much one can get double double-- it is one offer or this newer offer
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by reeg2
So am I reading what you guys are saying correctly in that travel in 2011 will count for 2012, not 2011?

I'm 30k short due to chemo and would be willing to pull something special to make it - but that wording to me means that DEQM miles will post in 2012 for 2012.
The easier way to interpret the T&Cs is that the double EQMs are applied at the same time as the base EQMs, even though they may not appear in your account statement for 6 to 8 weeks.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by LAXgt
"...This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required."

This looks like you could stack this promo with the DEQ11 for CA and IL residence.
Sure hope so. I booked a couple Jan. trips with inconvenient stops in DFW, so it'd be fantastic if those legs got triple EQM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by worldtraveler19
that would be too good to be true--- truly doubt it-- like the double mile offer between dfw/ord and lax/sfo- I doubt very much one can get double double-- it is one offer or this newer offer
On the ORD/DFW-LAX/SFO promo signup page:

"This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required."

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...N=DblElite.xml

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Nice promo, but interesting to see whether the soft-landing policy will apply this year for those not requalifying at the next levwl down. Unfortunately I am relying on it, unless a nice transatlantic MR comes up in the next couple of weeks...
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Wow, looks like I'll be airborne all of January to maximize this bonus.

My conversation with my boss tomorrow morning,

Uhmm, I need the month of January off

Why: so I can get 2XEQM's on AA

the rest of tonight will be spent scouring for airfares to anywhere

I'm glad I saved those vouchers, those will come in handy

it doesn't do too much for me this month though but oh well.. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth

thanks Maya
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by alhcfp
I believe this 125k+ bonus is based on EQP not EQM.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct, my apologies.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:13 pm

I need 25k to requalify for PLT

Anyone have an Itinerary they think will work? I am flying out of JFK and would like to do it in 2 days if possible. Thanks all.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by wesmanz
Damn this would have been nice about a week ago....with my DFW-SFO-HKG-KUL trip :-/

It'll get things off to a nice start for next year tho

--wes
Does it have to be on AA metal to qualify for this offer?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by wireless999
Anyone have an Itinerary they think will work? I am flying out of JFK and would like to do it in 2 days if possible. Thanks all.
So you have zero miles?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
I'm on a mileage run today (MIA-LAX-DFW-MIA), and I just got the email and registered here in DFW before my last leg. Do you think I'll get double EQM for all of my flying today, or just the DFW-MIA leg?

It would put me at EXP before my next trip vs. after my next trip provided the double miles post much sooner than the 6-8 weeks after the qualifying activity outlined in the fine print.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.