Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQAA: Systemwide Double EQM / EQMs / DEQM (13 Dec 11-31 Jan 12) see FAQ in 1st post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Now someone just needs to figure out how to game those $100 outbound fares to Europe
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:17 pm

No, sorry I have 25 so I would need 12500 trip somewhere. :)

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So you have zero miles?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by exc3ll
Does it have to be on AA metal to qualify for this offer?

From the T&C: AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines or American Eagle marketed and operated flights from December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:20 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So you have zero miles?
He might have 25K and need to get to 50K. Or 75K and need to get to 100K. I need 17K to get to Plat again, also can do it from JFK or PHL. Trying to work out an 8500 mile mileage run, but I think it will be cost prohibitive.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JY1024
Just got the promo announcement via email:

Qualify For AAdvantage® Elite Status Faster

Dear JY1024,

As my last act as outgoing president of the AAdvantage® program, and as a great introduction to the new president - Suzanne Rubin, we decided to give you what you've been asking for (yes, I heard you already! Now, drumroll, please…) Double Elite Qualifying Miles for travel worldwide on American Airlines!

Earn Double Elite-Qualifying Miles For Travel Between December 13, 2011, And January 31, 2012

We hope this will give you the boost you need to re-qualify for AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status or get 2012 off to a great start! Simply register prior to travel and you'll be on your way!

From everyone at American, thank you for flying with us. We look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Sincerely,

Maya Leibman
Outgoing President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program
Incoming, Chief Information Officer

Suzanne Rubin
Incoming President, AAdvantage Loyalty Program

And it also announces Maya's "promotion" to CIO. I bet President of AAdvantage is probably more fun. Actually, I just did a search (after posting). I guess this is (week) old news here on FT.

Dan

Last edited by danorum; Dec 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm Reason: oops. Missed the earlier thread.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Great timing: I'm off to GRU tonight and back Friday!

This will definitely be an incentive to be on the road next month.

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I swear, I get these emails 20min behind everyone else...

I'm very glad that they are including Jan travel. I requalified for EXP back in July but haven't done a ton of revenue traveling since. Including Jan will get me off to a nice start next year. I'm happy for people who get to the next tier as a result, but it's less fun for people who have already requalified. The Jan date throws us something too.
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That flight would earn 4,000 EQM, according to the terms and conditions:

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage promotion is valid for all travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines or American Eagle marketed and operated flights from December 13, 2011, through January 31, 2012. This offer does not require travel to be booked during a specific time frame; travel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible. Offer applies to all eligible segments flown, regardless of the type of trip, i.e. one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible mileage balance, elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. Double elite qualifying miles will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer can be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

The Class of Service bonus EQM would remain the same, if the T&Cs are to be believed. (But, errors do creep in to these offers from time to time, and I have unashamedly availed myself of them.)

Originally Posted by PHL
Silly question, but...

If I buy a biz/F fare that earns 150% EQM, does that extra 50% also get doubled in a promo like this? Example:A 2000 mile roundtrip would earn 3000 EQMs. Does it then earn 3000 double EQMs or just a match of the actual flight miles?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I am at DFW Terminal D waiting for my ongoing flight.

The e-mail arrived when I was in the air (a 757 therefore no Gogo) - as soon as I got off the plane I registered for the promo. My incoming flight departed the West Coast at 13:10.

What do the Guri and other wise ones think as to the chances of me (and others in my position) getting the DEQ?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I am at DFW Terminal D waiting for my ongoing flight.

The e-mail arrived when I was in the air (a 757 therefore no Gogo) - as soon as I got off the plane I registered for the promo. My incoming flight departed the West Coast at 13:10.

What do the Guri and other wise ones think as to the chances of me (and others in my position) getting the DEQ?
my guess is your registration registered in the system before your flight credits will so you just might get them
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
That settles it, I will be going somewhere in January!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:28 pm

Status Challenge

I believe that Status Match is based off of EQPs, so double EQMs will not accelerate the Challenge process at all, correct?

Last edited by medellinfein; Dec 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Nice that my LIH trip is thru DFW and the HNL-LIH portion is code share. Nice way to end and begin my years!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Just put a 22K (inc 2X EQM) on hold to HNL on a turnaround with the pleasant surprise of a 763 LAX-HNL-LAX ^
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Very timely. Was just about to book 3 trips to the West Coast in January and had planned to book 2 of them on DL (due to discounted first class fares.)
Looks like AA will get all 3 of these trips now unless DL matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.