Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Possible to pay off Citi AAdvantage card from Bankdirect Billpay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:01 am
Original Poster

I just discovered that I'm almost at the limit of my Citi AAdvantage card (due to a business trip). I need to fund it ASAP. All my dough is in my Bankdirect checking account. I normally billpay that to another bank account, and then have Citi pull from that bank account. But that is not a super fast process. Is there any way to do this faster? Can I pay Citi directly through Billpay?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by uoficowboy
I just discovered that I'm almost at the limit of my Citi AAdvantage card (due to a business trip). I need to fund it ASAP. All my dough is in my Bankdirect checking account. I normally billpay that to another bank account, and then have Citi pull from that bank account. But that is not a super fast process. Is there any way to do this faster? Can I pay Citi directly through Billpay?
You can do a wire transfer from your checking account to Citi. I used to do it couple of time the other year when I did quite few large purchases. The payment will post the same day.

Call Citi and ask for the wire information.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holtju2
You can do a wire transfer from your checking account to Citi. I used to do it couple of time the other year when I did quite few large purchases. The payment will post the same day.

Call Citi and ask for the wire information.
You wouldn't happen to know the wire info, would you? I'm in China with minimal phone access...
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
You wouldn't happen to know the wire info, would you? I'm in China with minimal phone access...
Unfortunately, I don't have the info available.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Do you have someone in the US who is near a Citi branch who can make a payment in person?

With BD, wires will have to be verbally verified over the phone.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Another option is I go to the citicards site and do an online payment via BD but that will probably take two business days for the credit limit to be freed up.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:05 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'm not a BD customer but can't you set up that chkg account on Citi's web site(you just need routing number and acct number). The payment will post and be reflected the next day.

Or, perhaps call Citi and request a credit line increase.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:38 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Can I pay Citi directly through Billpay?
I don't know specifically about BD's Billpay, but I assume that all all Billpay capabilities are similar (definitely an assumption here). I use Bank of America's Billpay for Citi, and I can schedule these next day, or two days out at most.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
I'm not a BD customer but can't you set up that chkg account on Citi's web site(you just need routing number and acct number). The payment will post and be reflected the next day.
This approach definitely works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.